skse_loader problem

ayyini

I searched for a solution for this and tried everything I found to no effect, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere that I missed.

I started getting some mods for Skyrim today, including SkyUI which requires SKSE. I downloaded it and moved the .dll and .exe files to my Skyrim directory. When I launch skse_loader.exe Skyrim does not load. Typically, I get what appears to be a blank command prompt box on the screen for a quick moment then...nothing. Sometimes, the whole screen will flash black and then back to normal.

As far as I know, I have the correct version of SKSE - the other "beta" one listed gave me an incorrect version error. I have tried to run as an Administrator, which didn't change anything. Lauching SKSE through NMM has no effect.

Ideas?

Forgot to give the contents of the .log0 file (only have one, but read that there's supposed to be 2):

SKSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.4.3 030A0000 01CCDFEF7B7A23C9)
imagebase = 00400000
runtime root = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\
plugin directory = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\CFM_extensions.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\CFM_extensions.dll (00000001 skse_categorized_favorites_menu 00000001) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\container_categorization_1_3_10.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\container_categorization_1_3_10.dll (00000001 container categorization 00000002) loaded correctly
checking plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\gibbed_interface_extensions.dll
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\\gibbed_interface_extensions.dll (00000001 gibbed's interface extensions 00000003) loaded correctly
init complete

If you have updated Skyrim to the new patch, SKSE will not work until the new version is released. :confused: Check that the version of SKSE matches that of your Skyrim.

Also try running Skyrim with the regular .exe and make sure that it works. If it doesn't, you've found the problem. If it does, you might have a bad SKSE file. COMPLETELY uninstall SKSE, re-download, and reinstall. See if that works.

If you have updated Skyrim to the new patch, SKSE will not work until the new version is released. :confused: Check that the version of SKSE matches that of your Skyrim.

Also try running Skyrim with the regular .exe and make sure that it works. If it doesn't, you've found the problem. If it does, you might have a bad SKSE file. COMPLETELY uninstall SKSE, re-download, and reinstall. See if that works.

Steam is set to automatically update Skyrim, which is at version 1.3.10.0

SKSE version 1.4.3, which is the proper version for me (v1.4.8 gives an error message about incompatible versions, which is accurate)

Running Skyrim with the following methods works correctly: Steam, NMM, SkyrimLauncher.exe, TESV.exe

Running Skyrim from skse_loader.exe or with Launch SKSE in NMM does not work.

I have removed and re-installed SKSE repeatedly with no change in behavior.

I'm having the same problem, only I am running the latest beta patch 1.4.21 and the beta version of SKSE (1.4.8). It just gives me the command prompt, flashes to a black screen and crashes. =\

Skyrim starts fine if I don't use skse_loader though.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. I use the Categorized Favorites Menu Mod, apparently the CFM_extensions.xml file in the SKSE > Plugins is causing skse not to load. If you remove the file it will load, downside is that you can't save your hotkey changes or make equip sets.

Edited by gamergirl109

At this stage must exist a matching between the game patch version, skse version and it's plugins version.

This means those not participating to the beta test should use SKSE AND plugins stating they are for the patch 1.3.10

If are in beta, the plugins aren't yet updated to 1.4.21, until them, based on my tests, "SkyUI" works, "Categorized Favorites Menu" works but only in it's version 1.8.2 (if patch 1,4,21)

"CFM - Mod support" still work if the above is working, and for now "Container Categorization" must be disabled.

PS: Despite they working I could not test the stability, so may occur random falling to desktop, be warned, save frequently but above all, keep a save of the actual situation and don't overwrite it.

Edited by nosisab

I'm having the same problem, only I am running the latest beta patch 1.4.21 and the beta version of SKSE (1.4.8). It just gives me the command prompt, flashes to a black screen and crashes. =\

Skyrim starts fine if I don't use skse_loader though.

EDIT: I think I found the problem. I use the Categorized Favorites Menu Mod, apparently the CFM_extensions.xml file in the SKSE > Plugins is causing skse not to load. If you remove the file it will load, downside is that you can't save your hotkey changes or make equip sets.

THANK YOU!!!!!

It's a good practice removing (or disabling) the whole mod/plugin instead just part of them. Doing so is starting training the right way for when mods becomes really complex and lacking parts mods can make identifying a problem's cause near impossible.

You should (if don't do yet) use NMM and disable the whole plugin until the update comes out.