Removing the option of reanimating corpses and worshipping gods [PS4]

Cowl29

I was and while no one commenting may feel or perceive the cultural insensitivity of the initial replies, people who know a fair amount about interpersonal communication and culture will understand exactly why I was annoyed.

None of the people here were hostile to him, "self control" was suggested as a possible solution because the probability is that nobody will make what OP requests. You got offended on someone else´s behalf. That kind of childish behavior helps no one and I would suggest you remove yourself from this site if you intend to be upset and offended about everything.

Haha that's rich. Thanks for the laugh! I can't cure your ignorance. I pointed it out and you guys can either develop yourselves into better human beings or continue down the path of "just deal with it."

Honestly, a religiously ok version of Skyrim would be so hard to do.

No daedra quest, no alduin, no compagnon quest (hircine worship+ sovengard). No magic, no dB

Thank you for a clear and concise response to the original poster minus judgment or snark.

Assuming you draw the line WRT worshipping to just the buff shrines and joining cults, what is the need to remove these objects?

From a role-playing point of view, let the NPCs of the world have their gods. Do you have to follow these gods because you are there? No. Are you forced to interact with the shrines? ... Not that I know of?

Would the shrines be acceptable if they were texture swapped and renamed something non-religious? With their affect explained as some sort of magical artefact buff? If the context is changed, is it alright?

I'm genuinely curious where the line is drawn, and why it is drawn where it is. Would Taqiyya have a part in this? I admittedly understand nothing of it, but would it justify some actions as a "means to an end" (eg progress far enough in a cult based quest line through pretending to be interested, only to wipe out the entire cult)?

Edited by Athanasa

I was and while no one commenting may feel or perceive the cultural insensitivity of the initial replies, people who know a fair amount about interpersonal communication and culture will understand exactly why I was annoyed.

None of the people here were hostile to him, "self control" was suggested as a possible solution because the probability is that nobody will make what OP requests. You got offended on someone else´s behalf. That kind of childish behavior helps no one and I would suggest you remove yourself from this site if you intend to be upset and offended about everything.

Haha that's rich. Thanks for the laugh! I can't cure your ignorance. I pointed it out and you guys can either develop yourselves into better human beings or continue down the path of "just deal with it."

By your logic, I will automatically be a better person if I simply agree with you. I don't. The replies weren't offensive or rude, they were just trying to get the point across. Instead you took their responses as insults and decided to get offended on someone else's behalf. Stop being offended by everything. Thanks.

Assuming you draw the line WRT worshipping to just the buff shrines and joining cults, what is the need to remove these objects?

From a role-playing point of view, let the NPCs of the world have their gods. Do you have to follow these gods because you are there? No. Are you forced to interact with the shrines? ... Not that I know of?

Would the shrines be acceptable if they were texture swapped and renamed something non-religious? With their affect explained as some sort of magical artefact buff? If the context is changed, is it alright?

I'm genuinely curious where the line is drawn, and why it is drawn where it is. Would Taqiyya have a part in this? I admittedly understand nothing of it, but would it justify some actions as a "means to an end" (eg progress far enough in a cult based quest line through pretending to be interested, only to wipe out the entire cult)?

It's not the fact that I am not forced to worship them. It is the fact that I can actually get benefits if I do it. Simply removing the benefits would also do it, but as one of you said, there is possibly no one who would do it for me ^^

Before anyone asks why I want the ability of reanimating corpses to be disabled: Because reanimating deads is a thing that only God can do.

Btw, I didn't want to create such a discussion. Just calm down and don't insult each other ^^

Because of your previous reaction to a perfectly reasonable response, I automatically labeled you to the group mostly called "SJW". You got offended on someone else's behalf when there were no offense to be taken. People like this disgust me. Based on this post, you've given me the impression that you are arrogant, easily offended and gets upset when things don't go your way.

That said, this argument has no place here so if you'd wish to continue, we might as well do this over PM since I'm rather enjoying it.

It's not the fact that I am not forced to worship them. It is the fact that I can actually get benefits if I do it. Simply removing the benefits would also do it, but as one of you said, there is possibly no one who would do it for me ^^

Huh. I actually never even saw it as worship when I played. As I see it, the shrines - while people in skyrim might believe then to be religious - are basically buff vending machines. If you go out of your way to go against the teachings of a deity in the game, do their shrines change how they buff you? Nope. Not in the slightest.

IMO they're conduits of magical power that people have decided to associate with divine forces (and the gods aren't discouraging it because egos), rather than being divine by nature. Or, take a Terry Pratchett view: Acknowledging the existence of gods (although most are daedra or other extra-planar beings rather than GODS) is not the same thing to worshipping them. Using an iPhone doesn't make you an Apple fan, driving a VW doesn't make you German. Wishing someone Merry Christmas doesn't make you Christian. Grabbing a buff from a stone that dispenses magic at a poke does not make you worship it.