I need proof that there is a Modding Community for Skyrim

DragonFire007

Actually I can't see better proof about Skyrim mod community than the sheer amount of mods already done. Since they are made and shared by the people gathering around the sites, it makes us pretty much a community.

Even those not actively participating in the modding still participates posting in the forums, helping one another and... everything else we do as community.

I don't think anyone's yet mentioned the difference between console and PC, and why that makes mods pretty much mandatory for PC (in order to get the most out of the game). The consoles just don't have the processing power modern computers do, so the released game is purposely limited to account for this. With modding, the game is completely unleashed.

It's a good a reason as any, I suppose.

I'm still waiting for someone to construct a mathematical proof that demonstrates the existence of a modding community...

huh,, are u the same guy as the thread starter??

and open your eyes.. the comunity is right infront of you your browsing it right now...

Edited by theru

I would suggest two possible routes:

1. Find an article or review of Skyrim that mentions a common complaint or bug, and then your project would be to fix that bug. Some people are already working on their own fixes for the PC UI.

2. Find a specific project for Skyrim that several modders are working on, like a DLC or Expansion. A lot of times they will have a list of what modders are still needed. If you can join them, you may be able to use their "want-ads" for the article you need.

Yes that is a great idea that I can use.

theres a big project going on here, they planning to make it possible to travelfrom skyrim do cyrodil and vardenfell, they started as soon as skyrim came out ^^

so yeah there is a modding comunity if this nexus comunity isnt refered to it, wich in my belives is very much alive and well ^^ i seen far better mods here then beths own things =P

http://www.darkcreat...x.php/Main_Page

http://www.darkcreations.org/about/

just read thought and u get all the things u need

and oh nexus is a modding comunity,we upload our stuffs here ^^ and some join team and create awsum mods =P

and besides why dont your instructor create an account and join to see for himself?

" Now I want to do a modification over Skyrim (as the title suggests) but my instructor needs proof about the community need for a modification, the proof can be an article about it etc."

this has nothing to do with modding community(refering to the quote "as the title suggest")

thats is illegal to modify their code to make your own game, if this is what u planning to do then this forum isnt for you.

That will probably, give my instructor an idea of a modding community.

Sadly I don't think my instructor would want to do that, if I can't prove that there is a community then I won't be able to do this as a project.

Oh I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not trying to use their code to make my own game.

what is the TOPIC of this PROJECT? why u need to demonstrate a need? can u tell us...the typical, standard project for this prof?

That is the issue I can't create a name or anything with this until I get a need. The reason is so it can benefit someone other then the person doing the project.

Well I won't go into amazing detail but it is like this:

Phase 1: Planning Phase, where u plan out ur long term goals that you will need to meet to finish your project along with what you need , and your resources.

Phase 2: This is were u start working on the project and completing your short term goals and making new ones as you get closer and closer to your long term goals.

Phase 3: Wrap up, After you get done with your long term goals or not, you will present your project to the rest of the class tell them your pit falls your contacts etc, and why your project failed or succeed.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Proof that there's a modding community? :mellow:

Alright.

Look here: http://forums.nexusm...kyrim-mod-talk/

Lol, yes I could use that. Thanks. :)

Nothing that google can't solve.

Random articles:

Business Insider

Kotaku

In Entertainment

I won't mention the amount of stuff on Oblivion/Fallout already. Believe there are NY Times articles on it also.

Of course this too.

Thank you so very much! :)

That will help greatly.

And I haven't even read most of those.

Actually I can't see better proof about Skyrim mod community than the sheer amount of mods already done. Since they are made and shared by the people gathering around the sites, it makes us pretty much a community.

Even those not actively participating in the modding still participates posting in the forums, helping one another and... everything else we do as community.

I don't think anyone's yet mentioned the difference between console and PC, and why that makes mods pretty much mandatory for PC (in order to get the most out of the game). The consoles just don't have the processing power modern computers do, so the released game is purposely limited to account for this. With modding, the game is completely unleashed.

It's a good a reason as any, I suppose.

You both make very valid and good points.

And as I have mentioned some already, thank you for your feed back all of you.

This helps a lot.

Also if anyone has any more comments/questions please ask post them.

I'm still waiting for someone to construct a mathematical proof that demonstrates the existence of a modding community...

and open your eyes.. the comunity is right infront of you your browsing it right now...

[/joke] :rolleyes:

I don't think you understood what I was saying.

Maybe too geek of a reference...

For what it's worth, I about spit my tea all over my monitor when I read that! :laugh:

ahh, but what I meant was exactly taking the data and building statistical output (preferably with graphs), the likely to satisfy every teacher around the world... well... most :)

PS: if it proves something I really don't know but makes for a heck of good impression

Edited by nosisab