Frostcrag is now "Bruma Tester House" HELP!

Alaisiagae

scalonhulk, if you could release your fixed nBSF.esp or just e-mail it to me ([email protected]), I'd be very grateful.

I would be grateful, too, to hear of your findings, scalonhulk.

Otherwise, no more discussion about FR was had here - does it cause the BrumaTestHouse bug on its own, or is it that when FR conflicts with something it goes wonky?

I don't know. It is odd, because this BrumaTestHouse bug doesn't quite match up with the Frostcrag Spire glitch, which also seems to involve a Bruma Tester House, but not in the same way as we are experiencing it -- that is to say, where the Frostcrag door and teleport-pads are renamed with the words Bruma Test House in the titles.

It must be a mod conflict, because I ran vanilla Oblivion (with SI, and the DLCs of the KotN PC CD-ROM, with no official nor unofficial patches) for a long time and never ran into this problem. I ran the game with the unofficial patches for a long time, and never ran into the problem.

Here, I'll go search the Bethesda forums again for the posts I found that mentioned this glitch:

Real Lights is a culprit?

A discussion much like ours

I've removed the Black Screen fix (it didn't even work anyways. So, I just reload to a previous save whenever I encounter the Black Screen), but I haven't disabled Better Frostcrag Spire Lighting yet...

• 1 month later...

I'll see if I can't get confirmation from Qarn that it's ok to release an updated copy.

But yes, I will confirm again that the black screen fix is responsible for changing Frostcrag's default lighting and cell names. It can be clearly seen loading into TES4Edit for anyone who wants to see for themselves.

The copy I have for my own use has also been kept up to date with all of the latest UOP changes, up to and including 3.0.0. It's still a more or less necessary fix IMO, at least for us nVidia users. Loading it early will mean all of your mods that add interior cells will still show the problem, as well as any mods which make changes to existing interior cells. In cases like that it's usually best for the mod author to use Wrye Bash to "fog fix" their own work before releasing it. You can do that to your own copies just as easily though.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread but I just ran into this problem and might have found a workaround.

I triggered it after accidentally uninstalling Frostcrag while switching from Reborn to AFK.

After that, the Frostcrag doors all have the test bruma name whenever I build a bashed patch with CBash. If I switch to a Python Bashed Patch, the bug disappears and the correct names show. This is with default settings on both patches.

This is with Wrye Bash 295.2, CBash 0.5.3

So if you're having this problem, try a Python patch to see if that fixes it :biggrin:

Edit: Turns out this is the C.Name bug listed here. Use the python patch until it's fixed.

Edited by Poulscath