How many total exterior cells are in Cyrodiil?

thezackperry

It would be a difficult job to count them exactly, due to the irregular outline of the Cyrodiil worldspace. Skyrim, by comparision seems fairly rectangular.

If you have the time and really want to know, here's a link to the cell-grid map of Cyrodiil - OB Cyrodiil Cell Grid Map

There's one there for Shivering Isles also, if you feel like it should be included in the count.

One more thought - Do we know if these two games even use the same sized cells? If not, any comparision would be irrelevant.

Also to confuse the issue further, the question could be asked: "What constitutes an exterior cell?"

The main part of Cyrodiil has trees and rocks and all the other data that a real cell should. As you leave the area, you'll find that the landscape is still there, but the trees become more and more sparse before disappearing altogether. Eventually, even the landscape stops, but you can still fly through that cell if you've toggled clipping off.

As far as I know, you can fly as far as you want outside of Cyrodiil, so if you count any cell that you can fly into, there are theoretically an unlimited number of cells.

• 1 month later...
If it helps answer your question, years ago I was looking into a mod that would transport the PC to a random location in Cyrodiil. As far as I could tell the vanilla game has 1453 named cells with pathing grids. There were far more cells without grids or discrete names, no clue how many, but I couldn't include these for obvious reasons (they'd leave the PC with nowhere to go). Edited by TheMastersSon