Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

I dont think it matters which of the lines you add the two BSA to, sResourceArchiveList or sResourceArchiveList2. But if you cut and paste the single line from the original post, dont accidentally copy it over both lines or you will lose voices.

It is an easy mistake to make though as it does look like a single line when viewed in notepad.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works fine for me. Is it just on new games or for all your saves?

edit: Mind you I did not cut and paste the text above, I just added the last 2 entries so mine looks like this:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

Did you accidentally delete the sResourceArchiveList2 entry?

That was the first thing I thought, too.

Checked the voices bsa files, they were still there. Deleted them, redownloaded, deleted ini files, no dice. Even with a completely standard set of ini files, the NPCs don't speak.

Edited by Biggus2209

Tried to create a new game, again no voices.

My ini is currently exactly as quoted here:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

I seem to lose DLC textures when I disable ESPs and change INI files.

my both INIs look like this:

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

Should be right? So where could problem be?

Tried to create a new game, again no voices.

My ini is currently exactly as quoted here:

[Archive]

Have you done it for both "Skyrim_Default" in common/skyrim AND "Skyrim.ini" in mygames/skyrim?

I had this problem too until i found you needed to add both.

EDIT

You have copied it wrong lol, it's meant to be like this in BOTH files:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

EDIT

@Jore, you missed adding it so "sResourceArchiveList2" see above :).

Edited by †TYRANICK†™

My install isn't vanilla, but it's not a ridiculously bloated modfest either. I'm running CBBE and a couple of clothing mods, the 2K HD texture pack, Tytanis, and that's about it.

I might just have to do a fresh install. Probably not a bad idea now that the CK is out.

Thanks all for the clear instructions for us noobs. One question: installed texture mods that dont have associated esp files will not be overriden using this method? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Doing the following INI changes allows you to install custom texture mods as normal :).

Just think of it as the HD BSAs are now default, and anything different you add is just overwritten the normal way in the loose files I.E. the "Textures" or "Meshes" folders.

With ESP's, ESP's can still be used, and usually are used when you need something to take first are foremost priority, with for example if you were making FACIAL changes, but wanted say different eyes and different hair, just makes it less of a fiddle and more "streamlined" so to speak :).

Edited by †TYRANICK†™