⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Bethesda HD pack override

ChurchofXenu

About your last post (the crashes, do not looks like caused by the pack or the changes in the ini, but something is telling me your installation is a bit messed by now. The Symptoms of these crashes points to utilities not updated. Among those which can cause the problem are those related to Menus, UI, containers in general (which includes inventories, from the player to vendors). All them are updated by now... if you use any of these mods you may want to get their last versions. Actually should do it for all mods you have installed. This moment in the game history is being much troubled, the CK delay forced many mods being released as plugins directly accessing the engine, which is not the best approach and turns both, patches and mods vulnerable to changes.

Well I got crashing and other weird bugs stop (missing textures and some strange hair bugs. I dont even have any hair mods) when i reverted ini files. I try reinstalling game to see if I can then use DLC pack same time as texture mods with this ini tweak.

Reinstalled whole game and everything else. Still having crashes every 5min and missing textures if I have ini files tweaked so that they DLC pack works with mods.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had same problem as jore666. Wasn't missing textures after the fix, but the textures weren't loading fast enough so I'll run into missing textures and solid black gound/walls. I just had to reload my savegame it and they were there. Even then it was CTD every 5min. I just said screw it, uninstalled the DLC, and stuck with 2K textures. Edited by DubstepKid

Hey now, I have a 275 too. Don't call our cards junk, haha.

Mine actually runs Skyrim great. Latest drivers and many texture mods, on the stairs in Whiterun I get around 43 FPS.

Well Millenium Falcon was a junk too and still it was the fastest ship in the galaxy. ;)

I have the no-sound problem now.

Here are my steps, perhaps someone could point out where I'm going wrong.

1. Uninstalled my mods with the NMM
  2. Browsed to steamapps/common/skyrim
  3. Browsed to Documents/My Games/Skyrim
  4. Opened the Skyrim.ini files in each directory
  5. Replaced the entire block of text under the [Archive] header with the following:

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsasResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

6. Saved both files.
  7. Re-installed my mods (HD 2K Texture mod included) with NMM.
  8. Started the game -- no voices, no real sounds either.

Would someone be kind enough to point out what I need to do in order to make things work?

I just cant understand my game works normaly if I dont touch INI files. But right after I change one in mygames folder to get DLC textures work with mods. My game starts crashing every 5min and when i try fast travel. This is right change to ini right?

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

Anyone knows what could cause problem? I already tried even reinstalling game+all mods and even redownloaded whole texture pack.

Edited by jore666

So, I followed all the steps listed and the textures will not load unless I enable the esp files. If I leave them unchecked or delete them I get nothing. I have followed the step by step on page 2 several times. So bleh, guess I will just use mods for my textures.

I think it would be easier to just unpack both bsa and slap the textures in yourself. It will take a long while to unpack but I think condensing high resolution textures like that into bsa is bound to cause problems. Well that and you can decide what textures you would want to replace