Accessing Vault 88 Structures

Chemist18

Greetings!

At what point do you get the ability to build the new structures added by Vault-Tec DLC?

I find Vault-Tec to be despicable, more so than any of the other factions. Rather than treat settlers as guinea pigs I prefer to blast the overseer and leave. Actually I think the last time I scrapped the whole place and carried off the components...

Thanks.

Tell her Vault-tec can burn for all you care. Then tell her this is your vault and to get out if she wants to live. She leaves, you fail her quest, but still receive the plans for all the goodies. Then build the vault, if you want. That's what I did because she got on my nerves from the start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My character and his family were used in an experiment (frozen in Vault 111) without their consent. His wife was killed and his child was kidnapped, all while in this vault. Now he is understandably hostile towards anything or anyone related to Vault-tec. Hell, he almost killed the Vault-tec sales rep when he ran into him in the hotel in Goodneighbor. So no, he will not tolerate her living in a vault that he builds, even if it means not having access to the goodies. He even ponders not building a vault, covering the hole back up again and letting the raiders have it. This man is not a forgiving person.

• 5 months later...

Sorry this is so long in coming...

I told her to piss off and all worked out. I don't care for the cave so I don't use it, I just type "scrapall" which gives me all the rest of the power doodads and opens all the passages so I can go kill everything.