Your Chance to Rant about Entitled Mod Users for FO4

Fkemman11

I'll admit that fairly recently I snapped at a user who kept filling up the comments on a mod of mine with technical questions about it. Now in all fairness, before that I'd responded in a more positive manner to them, and told them that they'd have to make some effort themselves to understand (meaning that I didn't have time to go in-depth explaining exactly how the mod works so they can recreate certain aspects of it, and that I didn't think it was proper to fill up the comments section with that kind of discussion & that PM would be better)

I obviously didn't do a good job at all of explaining this apparently, and the user took offense & responded by attempting to talk down to & patronize me (whilst boasting of having "DECADES of programming experience" (which means diddly squat when you consider that they'd previously told me that they were having trouble decompiling a script) then proceeded to ask another technical question. So considering that they suddenly got all prickly like that & chose to ignore what I'd said, I choose to ban them from the mod. I don't believe I was rude to them, but I wasn't in the best frame of mind on that particular evening so that probably didn't help; in this case, it's likely that both myself and the user were in the wrong by failing to communicate effectively...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that fairly recently I snapped at a user who kept filling up the comments on a mod of mine with technical questions about it. Now in all fairness, before that I'd responded in a more positive manner to them, and told them that they'd have to make some effort themselves to understand (meaning that I didn't have time to go in-depth explaining exactly how the mod works so they can recreate certain aspects of it, and that I didn't think it was proper to fill up the comments section with that kind of discussion & that PM would be better)

I obviously didn't do a good job at all of explaining this apparently, and the user took offense & responded by attempting to talk down to & patronize me (whilst boasting of having "DECADES of programming experience" (which means diddly squat when you consider that they'd previously told me that they were having trouble decompiling a script) then proceeded to ask another technical question. So considering that they suddenly got all prickly like that & chose to ignore what I'd said, I choose to ban them from the mod. I don't believe I was rude to them, but I wasn't in the best frame of mind on that particular evening so that probably didn't help; in this case, it's likely that both myself and the user were in the wrong by failing to communicate effectively...

You were fine. Mr. Diddly should've gone to learn how to do a modicum of 3D editing and texturing before asking questions about animated textures and projections.

I would have to argue that the percentage of idiots on PC and console is fairly equal. Yes I agree it does feel like there are more on console but, as stated its only because of the number of console players out there. You do have to remember that the idiots are always the most vocal and in your face while the cool people tend to just use and enjoy.

Also when a game releases the idiots come out in droves! It's worse then the Zombi Apocalypse but, as quickly as they crawl out from under their bridge the next shiny thing pops up and they move on.

The longer a game is out the less idiots there are because the true "Die Hard" fans are the only ones that will play the same game for over 10 years. (In my experiance this is proving true for console players too!)

They are idiots for buying consoles to begin with so your observation is false.

I would have to argue that the percentage of idiots on PC and console is fairly equal. Yes I agree it does feel like there are more on console but, as stated its only because of the number of console players out there. You do have to remember that the idiots are always the most vocal and in your face while the cool people tend to just use and enjoy.

Also when a game releases the idiots come out in droves! It's worse then the Zombi Apocalypse but, as quickly as they crawl out from under their bridge the next shiny thing pops up and they move on.

The longer a game is out the less idiots there are because the true "Die Hard" fans are the only ones that will play the same game for over 10 years. (In my experiance this is proving true for console players too!)

Well then I'M AN IDIOT too because I play on both PC and Console! I make mods and share them with everyone! People have different reasons for choosing a platform and some people just like to sit on the sofa while playing so they choose a console.

I always assume that the people who bash console players for just being console players are simply trying to justify spending too much money on their PC.

Edit: and ALL OF MY MODS ARE MADE ON A MAC! :laugh:

Well then I'M AN IDIOT too because I play on both PC and Console! I make mods and share them with everyone! People have different reasons for choosing a platform and some people just like to sit on the sofa while playing so they choose a console.

I always assume that the people who bash console players for just being console players are simply trying to justify spending too much money on their PC.

I must be an idiot too. Xbox One S and PC.

The Xbox is my UHD DVD player and my test platform for my Xbox mods.

And I am an lazy old man. My PC is hooked up to the same Monitor as the Xbox so I can also use it from my easy chair. Wireless keyboard, rodent and Xbox One Controller.

Game on dudes.

PoorlyAged, I originally used my XB1 in the same way but, found that I actually played the game on XB1 where on PC I would try to play and then in 15-20 Minutes see something shiny that I wanted to mod or look at for future modding.

So now I use my PC version more for modding and mod testing and the XB1 for playing simply because without a cheat mod I can't go into God Mode and run off because I was distracted again.

---snip---

And I am an lazy old man. My PC is hooked up to the same Monitor as the Xbox so I can also use it from my easy chair. Wireless keyboard, rodent and Xbox One Controller.

Game on dudes.

Überidot here: Multiple PCs (Win/Linux), Multiple Macs of varying vintage (Mac Plus on up), Atari 800XL, Atari 520ST, Commodore 128, and my sole console is an Atari 2600. Yar's Revenge, muthas!

CORRECTION: Had to go and look..I actually have an Atari 1040STf, not a 520ST. I love old age!

Game on dudes.

PC, PS3, XBONE S all going through the TV.

360 controller for the PC.

Lazy gaming FTW

Ãberidot here: Multiple PCs (Win/Linux), Multiple Macs of varying vintage (Mac Plus on up), Atari 800XL, Atari 520ST, Commodore 128, and my sole console is an Atari 2600. Yar's Revenge, muthas!Â

Lol... my first modding experience was on my Atari 800 (regular, not XL, but buffed up with the full 48k of RAM), adding graphics through use of a redefined character set to Telengard, changing it from a text game to a primitive RPG. :)

I remember running out of memory before running out of ideas and changing every instance of "PRINT" to the shortcut "?" to save the 4 bytes per....

Ãberidot here: Multiple PCs (Win/Linux), Multiple Macs of varying vintage (Mac Plus on up), Atari 800XL, Atari 520ST, Commodore 128, and my sole console is an Atari 2600. Yar's Revenge, muthas!Â

Lol... my first modding experience was on my Atari 800 (regular, not XL, but buffed up with the full 48k of RAM), adding graphics through use of a redefined character set to Telengard, changing it from a text game to a primitive RPG. :smile:

I remember running out of memory before running out of ideas and changing every instance of "PRINT" to the shortcut "?" to save the 4 bytes per....

The 800XL I have was my very first computer bought at the local K-Mart for the princely sum of $75 in 1985. Price tag is still on the box I think. I then drove 90 minutes to buy the 1050 5.25" floppy drive for $150. Still have the original boxes for both, albeit not quite as pristine as when I bought them. The 800XL box has this tag line on the back: "64K of RAM...what will you do with all this memory?"