Steam Workshop.

Throsby

So, I just logged into steam to find this horrendous looking Steam Workshop panel on my Skyrim library page.

Will the workshop take off, or will the Nexus remain the undisputed source for Skyrim content?

What do you think? Personally, I will stay here.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so far the general trend I've seen is that it appears modders are using Steam Workshop as a testing ground for alpha and beta versions before releasing finished versions here. Also unless steam workshop is updated to allow for more control (e.g. load orders) the more complex mods will have large collision problems. I also would like to ask people to help inform newer modders about this site by going onto the mods in Steam workshop and commenting if they will be adding their mods to Nexus.

I also would like to ask people to help inform newer modders about this site by going onto the mods in Steam workshop and commenting if they will be adding their mods to Nexus.

Sounds like a good idea, hopefully most have already heard about the Nexus.

x2ruff4u, RIP? Really? Bull puckey. Nexus will still be here long after Steam workshop is dead and gone.

It means hopefully a lot of the clutter will be cleaned up from Nexus as those mods are hosted on Steam. Nothing really serious or "must have" has shown up as Workshop exclusive yet so time will tell if/when that happens. The fiasco with the initial DLC screwing up any previous texture mods does not offer much in the way of confidence that SW will be able to deal with any kind of conflict or load order.

So, I just logged into steam to find this horrendous looking Steam Workshop panel on my Skyrim library page.

Will the workshop take off, or will the Nexus remain the undisputed source for Skyrim content?

What do you think? Personally, I will stay here.

The simple fact is that uploading your mod to both places can only expand its visibility.

More people will find it.

Steam Workshop is easy to use and gives a lot of people who previously found the barrier of acces to mods to high a chance to get mods without much hassle.

It's lack of search or proper sorting, no support for different versions of a single mod and the fact it just dumps the files into the game without any proper load orders or anything will probably leave many users wanting for a better system.

I'd say initially a lot of users will just use the workshop, but those of them that want more control over their mods will find their way to sites like this one.

The amount of complaining about needing SKSE on some of the workshop pages doesn't inspire much hope tough.

Personally I might use the workshop for some simple and small mods, but in general I will look for alternatives before actually hitting subscribe in the workshop

Edited by GamerOS

Is it possible to use the Workshop and NMM together?

Yes, that's what i'm doing.

Also Workshop is missing a simple search feature, that would let you search a mod by its name. That alone makes Nexus far superior.

Edited by Zaflis