How will the Human Race End?

hoofhearted4

38 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Human Race End

• Some Form of Apocalypse (ie Zombies, Robots, Vampires, etc)
    • World War (ie Nuclear Winter, Bio-Warfare, etc)
    • Giant Meteor or Some Other Space Occurance (ie Solar Flare, Gamma Burst, etc)
    • Aliens Invading Earth
    • Over Population
    • Pandemic (Naturally Occuring)
    • Biblical Event (The Apocalypse, Ragnorok, etc)
    • Humans Will Last Until the Sun Burns Up
    • Humans Will Leave Earth/Solar System/Galaxy and Continue Life Somewhere Else
    • Other

im sure this has been done before, but i was thinking about it a little logically (ie not thinking zombie apocalypse) on how the world would end. now if you really think that world will end in a zombie apocalypse, say so. how do you think we as a Race, will end?

personally, i think humans will last until our Sun blows up or Earth becomes uninhabitable due to the sun aging. however i do think that other things on that list will occur. over population will most certainly occur. and we may even run out of resources. but i dont think it will be the end all. over population will lead to World War, countries and people fighting for whats left. this could potentially destroy the most of human civilization be it nuclear winter or bio warefare, but while this could dwindle down human civilization to even 1%, i believe some will survive, and humans as a race will still exist, though not human civilization....we could manage to send off some shuttles into space when we realize earth is becoming uninhabitable (if human civilization remains in tact or reforms), but as much as i love sci fi, i dont see this amounting to anything....even if we make Mars habitable or a Saturn/Jovian moon habitable, i believe its just delaying the inevitable, that when our star goes, we go....and even then, after a World War, whatever number it may be by then, i dont see this type of technology surviving to attempt a project like this.

Edited by hoofhearted4

(snip)

I originally voted for blowing ourselves up, but after reading your argument, I thought it made a lot of sense. As long as there are a few dozen humans gathered in one spot, the human race will survive as a species. (Yes, there will be inbreeding but the gene pool should be large enough to prevent complete extinction.)

Presently, Special Relativity suggests that there is no practical way for us to colonise other stars except via generation ship. I'd say the odds are 75% that we won't find a suitable way to travel light year distances, so it's most likely humans will be stuck in this system.

For those who like reading about ELE scenarios, Exit Mundi has given me plenty of entertainment over the years. (Note to parents: a few four-letter words on the site.)

Being a shortsighted species, and a less intelligent one. that can make the same fatal error 10 times and yet continue down the same track, I see no future for us, at least not us who live in the western world,

We will succumb to diseases caused by, obesity, chemicals we voluntary eat, lack of excercise, killing eachother for greed, stagnation, drugs. wars, did I forget something?

Perhaps most of us will die out due to some of the reasons a mentioned, and evolution will restart a lower level. Perhaps all in the western world dissapears, and evolution takes place again in Africa or some other place, that haven´t been too corupted yet.

hopefully by a major disaster, such as a meteor impact

in worst case scenario, we will finally run out of stuff to eat

life is hardy. and i doubt any ammount of illness or environmental changes will exterminate us entirely, unless it happens very abruptly. have in mind, humans can survive in temperatures varying from one extreme to the other, with over 100 degrees celcius. it will take a lot to destroy us