How will the Human Race End?

hoofhearted4

38 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Human Race End

• Some Form of Apocalypse (ie Zombies, Robots, Vampires, etc)
    • World War (ie Nuclear Winter, Bio-Warfare, etc)
    • Giant Meteor or Some Other Space Occurance (ie Solar Flare, Gamma Burst, etc)
    • Aliens Invading Earth
    • Over Population
    • Pandemic (Naturally Occuring)
    • Biblical Event (The Apocalypse, Ragnorok, etc)
    • Humans Will Last Until the Sun Burns Up
    • Humans Will Leave Earth/Solar System/Galaxy and Continue Life Somewhere Else
    • Other

Humanity will eventually manage to kill most of the planet's living creatures and dye from famine. :armscrossed:

which is basically death by over population

Being a shortsighted species, and a less intelligent one. that can make the same fatal error 10 times and yet continue down the same track, I see no future for us, at least not us who live in the western world,

We will succumb to diseases caused by, obesity, chemicals we voluntary eat, lack of excercise, killing eachother for greed, stagnation, drugs. wars, did I forget something?

Perhaps most of us will die out due to some of the reasons a mentioned, and evolution will restart a lower level. Perhaps all in the western world dissapears, and evolution takes place again in Africa or some other place, that haven´t been too corupted yet.

death by obesity. you know its not so far fetched. at least in the western world. people will eventually become to lazy to survive. lol

I click... 'Biblical Event' ...though the world at large runs from/blames religion for it's many ills.

i didnt think of that when i wrote that as an option, but ending the world due to religious wars is also possible. would be along the lines of a world war, but i see exactly what you mean. one giant crusade. however, you are more likely to see the middle east killing for their religion then any other country. groups such as the KKK or whatever, who also kill in the name of religion would hardly cause the end of the world...the middle east grabbing nuke or a pathogen and releasing it in the name of Allah, is far more likely.

hopefully by a major disaster, such as a meteor impact

in worst case scenario, we will finally run out of stuff to eat

life is hardy. and i doubt any ammount of illness or environmental changes will exterminate us entirely, unless it happens very abruptly. have in mind, humans can survive in temperatures varying from one extreme to the other, with over 100 degrees celcius. it will take a lot to destroy us

my point exactly. unless we have another Meteor that wipes out 99% of all life, there is no other even i believe that will compltely wipe out humans. be int a nuclear winter or a pandemic. or global warming or what have you (Global Warming was one i could have put. for those who think it will cause a permanent "Day After Tomorrow" effect) people will survive. it may not be civilization that survives. but those Tribes in Africa and Australia and the farthest reaches of the Arctic, will survive such events.

It's a scientific fact that the current Y chromosome is faulty and will eventually fail altogether. Nature is already at work producing altered X chromosomes to replace it resulting in more, um, butch females which will become the new male. So the species as it is now has about 1000-3000 years left before becoming Human 2.0.

I'm a bit more optimistic. The human race has managed to survive everything nature has thrown at it as well as events caused by the human race (like wars for example). So I think it's possible that we could colonize other planets in the far future. The earth will die, that's going to inevitably happen in about 5 billion years, but that gives the human race 5 billion years worth of technological progress, and we went from making stone tools to making satellites and rockets/space shuttles over the course of a few hundred thousand years or so,

Antibiotics become useless due to the overuse of anti-bacterial products and we'll all die from some form of bacterial infection.

im honestly waiting for this to happen. with all the flu shots we give and hand sanitizer we use and all that junk, bacteria continuously evolve and become immune to these treatments.

The human race has always had a penchant for grasping the idol of dominion and those who claim sight always enter the darkness first ... therefore, violence will be the path we tread unto the end ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0rU6-7sKs&feature=related

Apocalypse now was a great movie. Did you ever read the book, it was a loose adaptation (Conrad's Heart of Darkness)? It was a pretty good good book but with this case I thought the movie was much better.

On the topic I think that most of humanity will go by disease in the distant future. Countries with extremely high density are bound to have some freakish disease incubate in them and than it will only a matter of time before the population begins to thin. People were not meant to be living in groups of over 1000 per km^2. I highly doubt that it would wipe out the entire race but it would shrink it down a fair bit. Just like what happened to the rabbits in Australia (except it hopefully the disease/virus will not be introduced to us, by us :laugh: )