Obse + Construction Set Problems

HanPL

Hey guys.

I have strange problem that I never encuntered before.

When I launch CS vis OBSE I can't edit scripts (there is just error sound ) and can't close CS at all.

Also Oblivion.esm is created by...mlipari

I re-downloaded OBSE and CS added command line.

D:\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe -editor

But still nothing.

When I open CS without OBSE everything works fine. (Oblivion.esm is created by Bethesda ) can open script window (but can't edit obviously ) and close program without any problems.

Do you guys have any idea what might be causing the problem ?

Outside of drive letter the only difference between my shortcut's path and yours is mine has the quote marks (I've highlighted in red here) ... "G:\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" -editor. I'm using the disk version of the game, if you're using the Steam version it may work differently (OBSE for Steam loads differently than the disk version OBSE).

I think that the reason we see "mlipari" is because when you run the editor with OBSE, OBSE changes the editor code at runtime using some technique. (I'm guessing dll injection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection) Changing code can have side effects, and I'm guessing the editor probably determines the creator of a file by reading a portion of delimited data from the esm/esp. E.g. a fixed position <bytes_to_read><creator>, or <delimiter><creator></delimiter>. Changing the editor code might accidentally affect where the editor looks for this data. If it looks in the wrong place the creator is going to be whatever data the editor could pull from that place. "mlipari"

At least that is what I think. It has no negative effects that I can tell. The OBSE editor should work regardless.

Now your problem about editing scripts and closing the CS is more serious. First I'd make sure my Oblivion is up to date using the latest patch. If you have Shivering Isles make sure to use the SI version. Then I would reinstall the editor, making sure to install it to the correct path. Finally, I would download OBSE from their official site to make sure I had the latest official version. If you still encounter errors, please post the exact text of any error messages you receive.

Edited by lrh9

• 2 months later...

Hey guys.

I have strange problem that I never encuntered before.

When I launch CS vis OBSE I can't edit scripts (there is just error sound ) and can't close CS at all.

Also Oblivion.esm is created by...mlipari

I re-downloaded OBSE and CS added command line.

D:\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe -editor

But still nothing.

When I open CS without OBSE everything works fine. (Oblivion.esm is created by Bethesda ) can open script window (but can't edit obviously ) and close program without any problems.

Do you guys have any idea what might be causing the problem ?

I have exactly the same problem. Does anybody found a solution ?