War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

Been pre testing unique npc mod, seems I at least have a issue if I use a custom face texture and his mod together, trying to find a solution, otherwise might suck when I get this mod too, exacerbated the issue with a lot more npcs

What's the issue? Have you reported it to Thirdstorm?

Yeah, head on over and look for the LONG ass comment chain, lol initially It started as a random issue with just 1 NPC type not using lip sync or voice, but while testing that I found out why id been having a very strange cell load stutter lately. I then hijack my comments thread and start working that out with him. The issue boils down to, with UNPC installed, and either of 3-4 face texture mods , for some reason they dont like each other or having the face texture with the npcs puts a strange amount of strain.

Im still working out solutions but I think by making a plugin based BA2 archive for the face textures, it greatly reduces the issue vs the loose face texture files.

Good read specially if your mod does as advertised :) I dont know if I am the only one having the issue, but if it ever pops up for you or him in the comments sections, might be worth noting.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been pre testing unique npc mod, seems I at least have a issue if I use a custom face texture and his mod together, trying to find a solution, otherwise might suck when I get this mod too, exacerbated the issue with a lot more npcs

What's the issue? Have you reported it to Thirdstorm?

Yeah, head on over and look for the LONG ass comment chain, lol initially It started as a random issue with just 1 NPC type not using lip sync or voice, but while testing that I found out why id been having a very strange cell load stutter lately. I then hijack my comments thread and start working that out with him. The issue boils down to, with UNPC installed, and either of 3-4 face texture mods , for some reason they dont like each other or having the face texture with the npcs puts a strange amount of strain.

Im still working out solutions but I think by making a plugin based BA2 archive for the face textures, it greatly reduces the issue vs the loose face texture files.

Good read specially if your mod does as advertised :smile: I dont know if I am the only one having the issue, but if it ever pops up for you or him in the comments sections, might be worth noting.

Mmm that's interesting. I know there is a lot of data involved with NPCs in F4, looking at them in FO4Edit it seems there quite a bit more than Skyrim. BA2s always perform better, but that is interesting.

Given Bestheda only made a handful of faces, you see many the same in my mod especially with high spawn chances. A mod like this would be crucial for this problem unless it really didn't bother you. I can tell you it bothers me ;)

My game suffers from massive stutters, but I'm pretty sure it's my more spawns scripted mod. I find I have adjust the settings to lite and modify the the humans, robots, ghouls, and deathclaws to the medium preset and leave everything else on lite settings. Even then I have stutters. I only have 104 mods active, I shouldn't be having this issue, but if I cut all mods down to around 50, and take out the spawn mod, my games runs smooth. It's maddening.

You'd think I have a bottom end PC, but as far as I can tell, mine's mid range with a NVidia 760 FTW 4GB VRAM.

Edited by TheCourier13

I can't get much higher PC wise and still have issues, fallout 4 engine just doesn't care lol

Yeah same. Im actually cleaning up the Sanctuary Restored mod atm, found lots of duplicate rocks from layers from vanilla. They didn't care how they bout anything after they implemented precalc system. Pretty sad.

I think my mod wont have much performance impact if you set reasonable chance to spawn. Once the script initiates the first time all the values are saved and active so script latency should be little apart from the fact there is a lot of data but all the values are local now and not globals so they should be fast. Spawn points call a very small function to obtain some values for them to spawn, very little queuing as it just works as you travel along without any long running script. Fire and forget (until cleanup timer kicks in :))

I can't get much higher PC wise and still have issues, fallout 4 engine just doesn't care lol

Yeah same. Im actually cleaning up the Sanctuary Restored mod atm, found lots of duplicate rocks from layers from vanilla. They didn't care how they bout anything after they implemented precalc system. Pretty sad.

I think my mod wont have much performance impact if you set reasonable chance to spawn. Once the script initiates the first time all the values are saved and active so script latency should be little apart from the fact there is a lot of data but all the values are local now and not globals so they should be fast. Spawn points call a very small function to obtain some values for them to spawn, very little queuing as it just works as you travel along without any long running script. Fire and forget (until cleanup timer kicks in :smile:)

Sounds fantastic, can't wait to dump this spawn mod for yours.

I've decided to make a Discord server for anybody who would like to trial the mod in its current state. That current state is the Master Menu finished and about 10 spawnpoints placed in Concord, a few others around Region 1 for S&G's. I am going to create an array of simple AI travel packages, maybe about 8-10 of them so that NPCs will get given a random location out of these 10 to travel to, however at the moment they just stand there. I've also yet to change over the spawn script to the new one involving a cooldown timer but that is very minor (the script is already written for Region 1, just not attached to any markers yet.

Any if interested the link is: https://discord.gg/eFQ7XB

I will not always answer immediately, but I will if I can. Next week my boss is away, so hopefully nothing goes pear shaped and I can use this time to my advantage ;). I have Teamviewer access to my home PC now too :D

One question regarding the enemy picking, which is crucial for my mod. Do you use the vanilla LvLNPC records to spawn npcs?

Yeah, i don't modify vanilla in any way :)

I've created a workaround to get varieties of actors, by passing up to (just changed) 6 varieties of LvlNPC to choose from during the spawn loop. Thus saves me creating anything of my own or altering vanilla