War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

Would like to request that if/when updated

- default settings for spawns are set to off.

- read your script post, like the direction the discussion is headed e.g. No need for spawns in any world cell the player isn't near which would help our machine performance.

Â

- Would like to be able to adjust how many faction spawns there are, meaning would like to add perhaps three more to the minutemen faction and remove maybe 2-4 from the institute and triggermen faction but don't seem to be able to get to that level of granularity.

Â

- Want a way to impact what spawns are wearing.

Â

Good luck with your efforts

All of the mentioned you can do, this is already implemented. However with the exception of your clothing request. I do not really touch levelled lists, or alter anything at all as to maintain maximum compatibility. For the foreseeable future this remains the scope of other mods to deal with.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SMB92,

Probably is to early to ask you but if you can answer my 2 questions, I would appreciate your help :

1 - Once your new mod is ready, should be compatible with WOTC and if so, should I only have the new one or both ?

2 - Do you have any idea is "Fallout 4 Faster Respawn Rates by RandomUnit should conflict with WOTC and your new mod ?

.... I had the re-spawn mod before but I deactivate it before installing WOTC. Now, I would like to reinstall again the re-spawn mod but I do not know if it would be compatible. Since both uses cells, I since I cannot find any answer in that mod description ( posts ), is because I ask you as a personal advice please.

I would love to have both. Right not I have cleared a lot of places and I need to wait 20 days for the enemies to re-spawn in those places and it is too much of waiting ... lol ...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers :cool:

Hi SMB92,

Probably is to early to ask you but if you can answer my 2 questions, I would appreciate your help :

1 - Once your new mod is ready, should be compatible with WOTC and if so, should I only have the new one or both ?

2 - Do you have any idea is "Fallout 4 Faster Respawn Rates by RandomUnit should conflict with WOTC and your new mod ?

.... I had the re-spawn mod before but I deactivate it before installing WOTC. Now, I would like to reinstall again the re-spawn mod but I do not know if it would be compatible. Since both uses cells, I since I cannot find any answer in that mod description ( posts ), is because I ask you as a personal advice please.

I would love to have both. Right not I have cleared a lot of places and I need to wait 20 days for the enemies to re-spawn in those places and it is too much of waiting ... lol ...

1. You could use both, they would be compatible, but I would only rrcommend one at a time.

2. That mod should be compatible, I believe it only touches the vanilla cell respawn rate. Both WOTC and my SOTC have their own timers.

Hi SMB92,

1. You could use both, they would be compatible, but I would only rrcommend one at a time.

2. That mod should be compatible, I believe it only touches the vanilla cell respawn rate. Both WOTC and my SOTC have their own timers.

Thanks so much SMB92 ....

... once your new mod is available, I would definitely install it .. but ... as you recommended that only should be installed, I would give priority to the new one and now, I do have another question : is it OK to uninstall WOTC mid game or do you recommend to start a new game ?

Thanks ... :cool:

I think I am dreaming,

I was just looking at the original WOTC mod in FO4Edit and CK. The sheer number or spawn points and the errors of duplicate/conflicting spawn points in the word was shocking. I saw the second stick note and I am wondering if that is why I always get CTD randomly when visiting the Downtown area. If i disable the mod most of the time is seems to fix the issues for testing. Then i just walk outside do a 'KAH' walk back inside and sleep for a week. seems to fix the issue most of the time.

With that said; If you are making a new and improved WOTC mod I will be super excited to use it. This first mod has been the only thing that I can not be without. The game is just too boring without it.

I think I am dreaming, I was just looking at your mod in FO4Edit and CK, the sheer number or spawn points and the errors of duplicate/conflicting spawn points in the word was shocking. I am wondering if that is why I always get CTD randomly when visiting the Downtown area. If i disable your mod most of the time is seems to fix the issues for testing, then i just walk outside do a 'KAH' walk back inside and sleep for a week. seems to fix the issue most of the time.

With that said; If you are making a new and improved WOTC mod I will be super excited to use it. This first mod has been the only thing that I can not be without. The game is just too boring without it.

There is something like 600,000 spawn points in WOTC as it is, I might expect that Engager's generator placed some duplicates etc. His system is way too complex for the engine IMHO. Most ofthe crashes occur because by the time the script gets to activates/placing the spawned group, the character has moved well out of the area, and the spawns get placed in unnavmeshed, unloaded areas, bang CTD.

New mod is entirely different system. Much less spawnpoints (hand placed), scripts done when walking into area so no unloaded spawns, extreme amounts of control over settings and overall much faster script (no long running codes, all fire and forget).

My Discord beta testers have said the mod is fluent and fast even on weaker rigs, in comparison to WOTC and More Spawns Scripted. It just works ;)

"My Discord beta testers have said the mod is fluent and fast even on weaker rigs, in comparison to WOTC and More Spawns Scripted. It just works" ....

.... very good to know is working fluently SMB92 .... do u have any idea when will be ready for us ? 1 week, 2, 3 ... etc ?

Thanks, :smile:

Well I don't want to give time frames anymore, I have not been able to work on the mod for about a week now.

Regarding less NPCs, well yes you could say that. I guess if you had all the systems turned on and had set a 100% spawn chance on all of them, and set all group sizes to maximum, you would have a very hard time getting from A to B quickly lol. I setup around 10 points in Concord for trial with moderate chance and group number, end up with around 70-80 npcs. On carnage mode, good luck with that :)

Oh and Sopmac, no guarantee about uninstalling WOTC. Best practice, go indoors, save and wait for a little while, then remove. One save I had that had a CTD in an area because I removed WOTC midgame, repaired itself after some time.