War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

This is like watching cookies baking in the oven as a kid, so close yet it takes so damn long in your head :smile:

I know, right? I've been purposely only playing the game so far, then starting it over again because I don't want to do a full play though til this mod comes out.

Edited by TheCourier13

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, thank you so much for your hard work. Second, I have not downloaded your mod yet cause I am waiting for your final and polished one. Here are my suggestions :

- In a world like Fallout 4, everybody is at war with everybody else so I agree with being ambushed, facing assassins looking to kill me, revenge from those who have tasted my bullets on them, etc ... however, in a real world, would you risk to cross half of the world ( with the possibility to face other enemy factions ) to just look for me and try to kill me ? No you won't .. unless you are a very strong enemy .... like BOS ( if you go against them ), the Synths or the Mutants.

Other than them, I do not see any other faction capable to move around and be able to ambush you anywhere you go, so, if you get close to the zone being dominated by raiders, then definitely, you will be heavily attacked and here is where the balance should be.

On the other side, Minuteman looks to me like a bunch of lazy very weak faction. If you do not help them ( as I have decided not to ), then somehow, they should play a different rol in this entire scenario. Preston should take over.

The only factions I see capable to follow you to the end of the world with the intention to terminate you are : BOS, the Institute or the Mutants .... and yes, our character should be ambushed more often by those factions, heavily attacked wherever your house is and more randomly spawns from them ( everywhere ). That will give balance to the game IMHO. BOS have choppers to move anywhere they want so that make them very capable to go anywhere looking for you ( if you decide to go against them ); the Institute also have the capability to stealth and sneak and suddenly show up anywhere and the Mutants are just insane and they do not give a s#*! and will face anybody in open battle.

In this world of Fallout 4, not everyone out there is strong at the same level of others. Again, BOS, the Institute and Mutants are the stronger and capable to defeat you ... other than them, are just weaker group of survivors trying to make a zoned defense so if you cross them, you will be in hell ... but they are not capable of moving so strong and freely out of their zone. IMHO, that will be the balance of this mod.

Sure, they are good points. Mostly thought the ambush system is more of an opportunistic system than a hunting one. So for example I place a bunch of spawn markers in places where enemies could be residing, like a building. When player walks into area, at a distance of 1 cell away or so I set this marker to spawn a random group, likely a small group, that then rushes the player from the moment they spawn. This simulates enemies having spotted you from a vantage point you can't see, and coming after you at the right moment.

Although I like the idea of having those story factions chase you down. I had some similar ideas but not quite that. We'll have a chat about it over the weekend and see if we like it enough.

By the way folks, vkz89q has joined on to help author the mod! He has quite a bit of knowledge about the game and many great ideas, we hope to start getting some real work done in the near future. So be sure to give kudos and thanks to him as well!

By the way folks, vkz89q has joined on to help author the mod! He has quite a bit of knowledge about the game and many great ideas, we hope to start getting some real work done in the near future. So be sure to give kudos and thanks to him as well!

That's great news, glad to hear you're getting help with the mod.

Made more progress today, had the day off and spent about 8 hours working on it. Master Menu is almost fully operational, long way to go with filling each system but.

Had a better look at how the NPC lists work, might be better to not make our own lists and tell users to get the Unique NPCs mod, to add Face varieties that way. If you haven't heard of that mod its a wonderful mod by Nexus regular Thirdstorm. Would post link but on my phone.

Well I've had enough for one day, it's 1.45am :D

Close up with 6515 lines in my quest script, 1567 in the fragment. Not to mention the 125 or so in the spawn marker codes, but I only changed 1 line on each of them today.

Tomorrow, main menu should be 95% finished (5% for future change lol).

So much codeÂ

In terms of an alpha, I'd say we are past that or at that, the spawn code works as well as I want, what its a matter of now is filling all the variables for every NPC type and hand placing all the spawnpoints. And then a menu for each NPC, with options for each region.

I still plan to release a preview when first area is done, so you all get a feel for it :)