War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

Awesome. I play with Modern Firearms and shudder with anticipation of them having Vulcan mini-guns.ÃÂ :devil:

Until you run into a raider, who hides from you, and blast you a new one, with a 88mm =D

Happened to me when I fought the DC in Concord, at the beginning of a new game. Ripped my power armor to pieces, and got me down to about 20% hp in one hit -_-

I was like "wtf just happened?!?" O.o

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. I play with Modern Firearms and shudder with anticipation of them having Vulcan mini-guns. :devil:

I've been meaning to make all the weapons from MF standalone in my load order, the mod itself has too many changes for my load order lol but I like the guns

Wait, could you teach me how do do that, there's one gun from there that I would love to have stand alone, the Saiga 12. I plan on giving the WIP WARS mod a go, but that means MF won't be compatible with it, so I'd love to have that gun stand alone.

Edited by TheCourier13

Awesome. I play with Modern Firearms and shudder with anticipation of them having Vulcan mini-guns. :devil:

I've been meaning to make all the weapons from MF standalone in my load order, the mod itself has too many changes for my load order lol but I like the guns

Wait, could you teach me how do do that, there's one gun from there that I would love to have stand alone, the Saiga 12. I plan on giving the WIP WARS mod a go, but that means MF won't be compatible with it, so I'd love to have that gun stand alone.

It's pretty easy, just need to spend a little time copying over all the right records for that gun. So I start in XEdit on the Weapon record itself, "Copy as new record" into a new file. Then it will ask if I want to make MF a master file requirement to this new ESP, we say yes for now. Go into the Weapon record and copy everything that is listed/referenced there as new records into the plugin as well, and then hand edit them all to point to the new FormID in the new esp. When you've done that properly you can right click and select "Clean masters" and if you've got no FormIDs from MF still present, MF will be removed as the master. Looks for the names of the models/model paths, take those out of your data folder and keep them separate (you could pack a BA2 archive at this point if you wanted as well).

It's a little tedious but it's good. I usually do this for all the smaller mods rather than merge them with Merge Plugins, that way I just throw them into my "smashed patch" and modify them to suit my tastes.

Dont worry about prefix etc, thats good for some things though.

Shouldn't need custom keywords unless some sort of script in MF runs on the weapon, only vanilla for perks etc

Yeah, in Modern Firearms, there's custom keys for quick switching on the fly of fire select between semi and auto, and remove suppressor/attach suppressor, I really don't need these things, to be honest.

EDIT - Honestly, looking at it, there's too much here and I think this is over my head, so I'm not going to waste my time on this, thanks for the help anyways, guess I'll just have to live without this weapon when WARS comes out, shame really.

I can edit a leveled list, change damage, recoil, range, etc., simple stuff, but this is beyond me, there's just too much s#*! in this mod that I don't know what to copy or not.

Edited by TheCourier13

Fair enough. It can become confusing very quickly, but once you understand all the acronyms and terms you sorta understand what it does.

I started out the same, over the years just kept picking things up. Now I'm here, building this mod, and having to learn very fast all the things I don't know ;)

Edit: terrible phone typos

Now you mention it, he is the only one I haven't asked permission to use! I'll do that right now.

The earlier linked robot paint jobs, I haven't received a reply, but I did get permission to use the Vertibird Faction Paints mod that came out recently, very nice work.