War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looking forward to this mod being completed. Playing is frustrating however, because it seems like after about 24-30 hours of playing, something gets corrupted and I keep getting random CTD. I am hoping that the new version of this mod removes that problem. The only thing that I can tell that seems to be off is that my GPU usage is constantly at 100% prior to the crashes. I'm running Weekend Warrior on an MSI laptop with a 1060 installed.

@player yes you can conclude that. Sometime you have bad luck and game will ctd a lot of times in a row with WOTC.

I need to blow away this thread and start another one. I am having a hard time managing my time because I have little of it. Apologies that tlthe documentation is not kept updated here.

So looking forward to this mod being completed. Playing is frustrating however, because it seems like after about 24-30 hours of playing, something gets corrupted and I keep getting random CTD. I am hoping that the new version of this mod removes that problem. The only thing that I can tell that seems to be off is that my GPU usage is constantly at 100% prior to the crashes. I'm running Weekend Warrior on an MSI laptop with a 1060 installed.

If your gpu is running 100% then that just means your CPU isn't bottlenecking it usually in this game. Or some other background thing is hooking into the gpu for whatever reason.

New mod will not have the problems this one has. I recommend you join my Discord server for more up to date info and chats

For what it is worth, I run into the same issue. Without WoTC I have a very stable game, with WoTC (which I freakin love BTW) I get serious crashing issues especially when i'm deep in the city between Goodneighbor and Old North Church (or whatever it is called where you meet the Railroad). I'm really hoping the new version will have fewer issues.

NOTE: i suspect the real issue with the mod is between adding all the actors and trying to calculate all the conflict they are generating off screen (but still in the same zone) that our systems are simply choking on all the additional data. Further I'm wondering if that combination isn't creating some save bloat which contributes to the random crashes.

For what it is worth, I run into the same issue. Without WoTC I have a very stable game, with WoTC (which I freakin love BTW) I get serious crashing issues especially when i'm deep in the city between Goodneighbor and Old North Church (or whatever it is called where you meet the Railroad). I'm really hoping the new version will have fewer issues.

NOTE: i suspect the real issue with the mod is between adding all the actors and trying to calculate all the conflict they are generating off screen (but still in the same zone) that our systems are simply choking on all the additional data. Further I'm wondering if that combination isn't creating some save bloat which contributes to the random crashes.

The real issue is more than likely if no definitely, the use of the PlaceAtMe function rather than the PlaceActorAtMe function (one is a function of ObjectReference, the other ActorBase which extends ObjectReference but works slightly differently + takes different parameters specific to actors rather than objects). There is also a lot of errors with MoveToNearestNavmesh, but some experienced modders I talk to have observed errors with this 1000 times and not seen a crash. SO it's almost a guarantee what is happening is the PlaceAtMe function - which is known to place mobs half way through the floor - is causing the crash when actors end up anywhere but on the navmesh (paticularly if the movetonearestnavmesh function fails) and walking around - if they fall through the map, the game will CTD, this is a definite.

Another theory is that WOTCs script might be lagging behind and therefore when a spawned group is ready to be placed, the area may have unloaded as the player moves about, which would lead to the exact problem described above.

I am not aware of any other reason a CTD would occur with mod. Regarding save bloat, the mod is simply making persistent all actors it spawns and therefore tracks, and furthermore the way WOTC has spawn points setup is heavily convoluted - the new mod uses just 1 marker where as WOTC uses 1 marker surrounded by groups of actual actor markers, which from memory are also immediately persistent therefore in the save game.

Now, the new mod will have fluctuations in save game size depending entirely upon your settings (how many actors you are potentially spawning and tracking vs how long you are letting a group remain active before cleaning up). My mod will extensively clean itself and the majority of data it generates, all completely customisable.

Yes, this is what I am thinking as well.

I made a tough decision to start over and remove WotC from my modlist. I've been wanting to create some large settlements using Sim Settlements and Horizon, and it's frustrating to have random crashes start occuring massively after putting in 24 hours into a playthrough. I replaced it with Faster Respawn Rates (3 hours, both settings) and hopefully the world doesn't seem completely dead.

I'm really hoping that the new, revamped version will be a plug and play (which doesn't destroy saves) that I can add in once it's finished). It was a call between playing the game and not being able to play the game, sadly.