Ryzen 9 coming soon The (Thread ripper) OMFREAK OUT

Yes the Thread ripper its called, the new Desktop cpu is a freaking beast of a cpu, 16 cores 32 threads. I took back my 1600 and i will wait out the storm for this cpu.

http://www.techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-9-release-date-news-and-rumors-everything-you-need-to-know

LOL my 850 Antec modular psu might not be enough to power that cpu.

Edited by niphilim222

• 2 weeks later...

Do you do a lot of video rendering, or other content creation tasks or something? Seems like it would make a good case for diminishing returns if all you intend to do is game with that CPU. Just my opinion.

All can see the day when they will use such cores for gaming, just imagine the loading times games become optimized. But for me i am getting the 8 core 16 thread, ryzen 7 7 model for now.

I did a lot of research and found that particular cpu is great for gaming...

All can see the day when they will use such cores for gaming, just imagine the loading times games become optimized. But for me i am getting the 8 core 16 thread, ryzen 7 7 model for now.

I did a lot of research and found that particular cpu is great for gaming...

Yes, way into the future CPU's like this might be mildly useful. I really think those days are far off though. Ryzen 7 is a good line for the enthusiast, a fine choice. More economical than this "Thread Ripper" is likely to be priced at as well. Personally, I'm waiting to see what Ryzen's R3 lineup has to offer.

Could be interesting to see how Intel's i9 will go against Ryzen 9. In the benchmarks I've seen, Intel beats the ryzen 7 with their i7 in gaming, but the ryzen 5 mostly beats the i5. If I looked up the leaked charts right, the i9 should be heavily overclockable, which could give Intel further lead in gaming. However workstations load and so on could be easily dominated by AMD now, at least at a reasonable price point.

In the end, it seems most things will be decided by the price.

i9s are priced to be very expensive, pretty sure they've released it officially as I've seen numbers from $1000 to $2000 for the highest end chip. its only for enthusiasts/epeen, or truly it's for Workstations. I just redid my system with the 7700k myself, so i haven't even been following the AMD stuff, but ill be impressed when I see real performance. AMD always has great benchmarks and hype, but then real world tests are less than flattering. I hope they do come out strong though. They need it.