Trump and Comey

TheMastersSon

They were protesting on university property, and it wasn't *completely* peaceful. That said..... the use of deadly force was most certainly uncalled for. In all reality, calling out the national guard was an over-reaction.... But, it's easy to second guess those decisions 40 some odd years later....

You are right though, cops are not sufficiently trained. Most of them don't see combat every day either... so, when they do, I find it easy to understand them not making the best decisions 100% of the time. But, while cops make headlines fairly regularly when they shoot someone, they are only a drop in the bucket when it comes to gun deaths. It's the 'bad guys' with guns, that ignore all those gun laws the left wants to pass, that are the trouble.

It started out as a peaceful demonstration until the authorities decided to try to stop it.There was no good reason to interfere with these students.The focus should have been on the violent activists that were shipped in from who knows where that set fire to the ROTC building.The guardsmen could have gone after them instead shooting down unarmed fleeing students.

Police methods need to change.Not too long ago a child in a playground was shot and killed because he was reported for brandishing a weapon which turned out to be a bb gun.

The police rushed to the scene and drove their squad cars within mere feet of the child and when the child turned they killed him.That,in my opinion,is poor training.

There are numerous cases of police firing on unarmed fleeing suspects,what the hell causes that?They are fleeing for Zeus sake.

The child in question had, I believe, and airsoft gun.... that had been modified. (the orange barrel extension that would have immediately show the police that it wasn't really a deadly weapon, had been removed, also, it seems the articles are all over the place on exactly what weapon he was carrying) The cops showed up to reports of a 'person' brandishing a weapon. They showed up, felt threatened, and fired.

They DID violate protocol in several ways though, too close to the 'suspect', and fired within seconds of arriving on scene. (among other things.) The officer that actually shot him was eventually fired, but, NOT for shooting the kid, he was fired for lying on his employment forms. (oops.) The other officer was suspended for 10 days. The DA declined to press charges against either officer.

In reality, it doesn't matter that this was a child. I child can kill you just as dead as an adult, and 'age of the suspect' is NOT something that is taken into consideration when determining whether you need to fire or not. Is the subject a threat? If yes, pull the trigger. On the video, it is difficult to tell if he even had the weapon in hand when the cop shot him........ All in all, it was a poorly executed maneuver, and a boy died because of it.

Also, you should read the timeline of the Kent State incident. By the time shots were actually fired, the demonstrators had already demonstrated they were anything but peaceful....... They damaged buildings in town, and set another building on fire........ That is not, in any way, "peaceful".

Regardless... Yeah, I agree with you. Things need to change. But, not in a way that puts officers lives at risk. Training needs to be MUCH better. (and supposedly, they have made changes......) One of the biggest problems with the whole ordeal here though, and not just in Cleveland, cops should not be afraid to enforce the law in ANY place, simply because of fear of violating some politically correct organizations values. If you have a weapon, and you confront law enforcement, you should EXPECT to be killed. The fact that an officer involved shooting is shortly followed by the torch and pitchfork gang, burning and looting in their own neighborhood, tells me that we have bigger issues than just police training.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The child in question had, I believe, and airsoft gun.... that had been modified. (the orange barrel extension that would have immediately show the police that it wasn't really a deadly weapon, had been removed, also, it seems the articles are all over the place on exactly what weapon he was carrying) The cops showed up to reports of a 'person' brandishing a weapon. They showed up, felt threatened, and fired.

They DID violate protocol in several ways though, too close to the 'suspect', and fired within seconds of arriving on scene. (among other things.) The officer that actually shot him was eventually fired, but, NOT for shooting the kid, he was fired for lying on his employment forms. (oops.) The other officer was suspended for 10 days. The DA declined to press charges against either officer.

In reality, it doesn't matter that this was a child. I child can kill you just as dead as an adult, and 'age of the suspect' is NOT something that is taken into consideration when determining whether you need to fire or not. Is the subject a threat? If yes, pull the trigger. On the video, it is difficult to tell if he even had the weapon in hand when the cop shot him........ All in all, it was a poorly executed maneuver, and a boy died because of it.

Also, you should read the timeline of the Kent State incident. By the time shots were actually fired, the demonstrators had already demonstrated they were anything but peaceful....... They damaged buildings in town, and set another building on fire........ That is not, in any way, "peaceful".

Regardless... Yeah, I agree with you. Things need to change. But, not in a way that puts officers lives at risk. Training needs to be MUCH better. (and supposedly, they have made changes......) One of the biggest problems with the whole ordeal here though, and not just in Cleveland, cops should not be afraid to enforce the law in ANY place, simply because of fear of violating some politically correct organizations values. If you have a weapon, and you confront law enforcement, you should EXPECT to be killed. The fact that an officer involved shooting is shortly followed by the torch and pitchfork gang, burning and looting in their own neighborhood, tells me that we have bigger issues than just police training.

"They DID violate protocol in several ways though, too close to the 'suspect', and fired within seconds of arriving on scene."Yep.

You're making the same mistake that i see being made still,today.You blame the violence of agitators shipped in on the demonstrating students.The same mistake is being made in student demonstrations throughout this country the students are being blamed for the violence and vandalism of the Antifa,as they are called today,why this trash isn't being hunted down and dealt with is beyond me.Every student killed were in good standing at Kent University,none were agitators,none had a history of violence.

Killed (and approximate distance from the National Guard):

Jeffrey Glenn Miller; age 20; 265 ft (81 m) shot through the mouth; killed instantly

Allison B. Krause; age 19; 343 ft (105 m) fatal left chest wound; died later that day

William Knox Schroeder; age 19; 382 ft (116 m) fatal chest wound; died almost an hour later in a local hospital while undergoing surgery

Sandra Lee Scheuer; age 20; 390 ft (120 m) fatal neck wound; died a few minutes later from loss of blood

Wounded (and approximate distance from the National Guard):

Joseph Lewis, Jr.; 71 ft (22 m); hit twice in the right abdomen and left lower leg

John R. Cleary; 110 ft (34 m); upper left chest wound

Thomas Mark Grace; 225 ft (69 m); struck in left ankle

Alan Michael Canfora; 225 ft (69 m); hit in his right wrist

Dean R. Kahler; 300 ft (91 m); back wound fracturing the vertebrae, permanently paralyzed from the chest down

Douglas Alan Wrentmore; 329 ft (100 m); hit in his right knee

James Dennis Russell; 375 ft (114 m); hit in his right thigh from a bullet and in the right forehead by birdshot, both wounds minor

Robert Follis Stamps; 495 ft (151 m); hit in his right buttock

Donald Scott MacKenzie; 750 ft (230 m); neck wound

I refuse to comment any further on The Kent State massacre.

"They DID violate protocol in several ways though, too close to the 'suspect', and fired within seconds of arriving on scene."Yep.

You're making the same mistake that i see being made still,today.You blame the violence of agitators shipped in on the demonstrating students.The same mistake is being made in student demonstrations throughout this country the students are being blamed for the violence and vandalism of the Antifa,as they are called today,why this trash isn't being hunted down and dealt with is beyond me.Every student killed were in good standing at Kent University,none were agitators,none had a history of violence.

Killed (and approximate distance from the National Guard):

Jeffrey Glenn Miller; age 20; 265 ft (81 m) shot through the mouth; killed instantly

Allison B. Krause; age 19; 343 ft (105 m) fatal left chest wound; died later that day

William Knox Schroeder; age 19; 382 ft (116 m) fatal chest wound; died almost an hour later in a local hospital while undergoing surgery

Sandra Lee Scheuer; age 20; 390 ft (120 m) fatal neck wound; died a few minutes later from loss of blood

Wounded (and approximate distance from the National Guard):

Joseph Lewis, Jr.; 71 ft (22 m); hit twice in the right abdomen and left lower leg

John R. Cleary; 110 ft (34 m); upper left chest wound

Thomas Mark Grace; 225 ft (69 m); struck in left ankle

Alan Michael Canfora; 225 ft (69 m); hit in his right wrist

Dean R. Kahler; 300 ft (91 m); back wound fracturing the vertebrae, permanently paralyzed from the chest down

Douglas Alan Wrentmore; 329 ft (100 m); hit in his right knee

James Dennis Russell; 375 ft (114 m); hit in his right thigh from a bullet and in the right forehead by birdshot, both wounds minor

Robert Follis Stamps; 495 ft (151 m); hit in his right buttock

Donald Scott MacKenzie; 750 ft (230 m); neck wound

I refuse to comment any further on The Kent State massacre.

Doesn't matter if they were imported agitators, there was violence, it was responded to. If you find yourself in a bad situation, GET OUT OF IT. Hanging around when the violence starts makes you just as complicit as those doing it.

As for Sessions... It appears that they are indeed going to be PUBLIC hearings, so, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it. Until then, I will withhold judgement. :D

As for Sessions... It appears that they are indeed going to be PUBLIC hearings, so, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it. Until then, I will withhold judgement. :D

I wasn't speaking to you but i am relieved that you are going to withhold judgement.Hehe You won't believe how happy that makes me. :tongue:

Edited by gandalftw

So to the rest of you what do you expect?No judgement required for an event that hasn't happened yet.I don't expect anyone to be psychic.Making a judgement on a future event is quite remarkable if you so desire please do so so the rest of us can judge your prognostication abilities.If you successfully describe the coming event in detail i will be the first to exclaim,"Holy crap how did you f*#@ing do that?"

Sessions testimony:i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall....

Hmm,Alzheimer's?

In all fairness though i had a deer to skin and butcher so once i got bored i split .Btw i'm making venison chili tonight you are all welcome to join us.My girlfriend will be there although you don't know her she frequents Nexis as a critic of Gandalf's posts.You're an ass here, you're rude here,you're obnoxious here,what the f*** is wrong with you here,she knows no limits but she still stays with me,go figure...

EDIT:I am abetter man because of her.BTW she forced me to say that...

Edited by gandalftw

Sessions testimony:i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall, i don't recall,i don't recall....

Hmm,Alzheimer's?

In all fairness though i had a deer to skin and butcher so once i got bored i split .Btw i'm making venison chili tonight you are all welcome to join us.My girlfriend will be there although you don't know her she frequents Nexis as a critic of Gandalf's posts.You're an ass here, you're rude here,you're obnoxious here,what the f*** is wrong with you here,she knows no limits but she still stays with me,go figure...

EDIT:I am abetter man because of her.BTW she forced me to say that...

Venison Chilli? What's your address? :D

A politician spends a lot of time, using as many words as possible, to say nothing at all. Not really a big surprise. Of course, the internet is full of folks pointing out where he flat out lied...... No clue just how much 'truth' there is to those claims either.

Give your girlfriend a hug for me, a pat on the back, and a heartfelt "Atta Girl!" :D

Venison Chilli? What's your address? :D

A politician spends a lot of time, using as many words as possible, to say nothing at all. Not really a big surprise. Of course, the internet is full of folks pointing out where he flat out lied...... No clue just how much 'truth' there is to those claims either.

Give your girlfriend a hug for me, a pat on the back, and a heartfelt "Atta Girl!" :D

I'll have to watch it again later.

If i praise her too much it just goes to her head and she starts getting bossy.

Too late,for the chili, the pot was cleaned out and so was my liqueur cabinet.I just got back from the liqueur store and this was on TV.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/reports-shooting-alexandria-congressional-baseball-practice

I'm just wondering if any of you read the posts that Pres. Trump made about his life and how he perceives his involvement.

After reading all your posts I sort of doubt any of what you've realized makes a difference to him.

The one thing that got my attention in his post about himself is, "He's a Gamer." And if he could not play he would lose interest.

So! All in all if, Big IF here; pull the plug on his ability to play the game, as he calls it, and there would be a sudden change in the attitudes of the people who are in all the gov departments that are shrieking at the way he behaves.