Trump and Comey

TheMastersSon

By the end of his two terms Obama was already signing the American people into legally binding obligations from international organizations. So imo humanist has its limits.

Also I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this photo:

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170524112214-01-donald-trump-pope-francis-0524-large-169.jpg

At least one person was happy to be at this meeting, but imo it sure looks like a steak knife is required to cut through that air. So can we please hear guesses of how many days it will take Trump to announce that he's changed his mind on gay marriage rights, and believes it to be a states rights issue. This same pope thugged our last House Speaker from office not long ago.

Edited by TheMastersSon

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studies are remarkably consistent on that question: 30% of any country or other human population lack the intelligence to form independent opinions, and are therefore forced to rely on other people to tell them what and how to think. In our country this demographic is known as Fox News viewers, Rush Limbaugh listeners and fundamentalist "Christians". In Iran this same demographic keeps their ayatollahs in power, etc. The ever-present danger in democracries including ours is that this 30% is able to bridge the gap to 50%, and starts affecting laws, votes and candidates, and brings down the entire country. It's already happened in Kansas, where currently human fetuses are guaranteed 14th Amendment equal protection, but gay Americans are not.

I think early conditioning also factors in as far as the development of an individuals opinions.If one is surrounded by strong parental figures that also provide a strong nurturing aspect the personality,opinions etc of the parent will be willingly accepted despite the intellectual level of the individual.Even very intelligent people sometimes fail to think for themselves.Life experience can change early conditioning if it is sufficiently powerful enough,sufficiently convincing enough,to cause an individual to rethink his/her currently held beliefs/opinions.

The Trump administration is slowly attempting to destroy any progress we've made toward an all inclusive humanistic society.They need to be removed.

By the end of his two terms Obama was already signing the American people into legally binding obligations from international organizations. So imo humanist has its limits.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170524112214-01-donald-trump-pope-francis-0524-large-169.jpg

At least one person was happy to be at this meeting, but imo it sure looks like a steak knife is required to cut through that air. So can we please hear guesses of how many days it will take Trump to announce that he's changed his mind on gay marriage rights, and believes it to be a states rights issue. This same pope thugged our last House Speaker from office not long ago.

Could you explain?What does that have to do with Humanism?

The pope is a joke but religious discussions are banned so i didn't say that.

Edited by gandalftw

There's not much to explain imo. My concern for the welfare of foreign people and countries does not extend to assuming legal liability to these foreign people and countries (and organizations).

Edited by TheMastersSon

My concern for the welfare of foreign people and countries does not extend to making me legally liable as a U.S. citizen to foreign organizations.

How did Obama cause you to be legally liable to foreign organizations? I am apolitical i don't follow politics.I dug Obama because of his human/civil rights policies,that's it, that's pretty much all i cared about.

There's not much to explain imo. My concern for the welfare of foreign people and countries does not extend to assuming legal liability to these foreign people and countries (and organizations).

Ok fine,thanks. :wink:

Can you smell that?I'm sauteing some mushrooms,onions,jalapenos,table spoon of chorizo and a quarter pound of Italian sausage,to put in a three cheese (cheddar,Swiss,mozzarella) foot long omelet.Hmmm...

Edited by gandalftw

My concern for the welfare of foreign people and countries does not extend to making me legally liable as a U.S. citizen to foreign organizations.

How did Obama cause you to be legally liable to foreign organizations? I am apolitical i don't follow politics.I dug Obama because of his human/civil rights policies,that's it, that's pretty much all i cared about.

https://www.cfr.org/interview/would-paris-climate-deal-be-legally-binding-us

"Although the Obama administration could not obligate the United States to achieve specific emissions targets without the Senate’s advice and consent, it could commit to take more general, but unspecified, actions to limit carbon emissions. The administration could then implement those general commitments through the authority delegated to the EPA by Congress in the Clean Air Act."

Basically it's an indirect way to impose legally binding commitments on U.S. citizens. Please note the article date of 2015. Donald Trump not Barack Obama is now our president and ExxonMobil's CEO not Hillary Clinton is now our country's Secretary of State. IMO it's doubtful Hillary Clinton would have defended our Constitution more than Trump will, but we'll see what happens. A lot more is possible when one party controls both the White House and Congress.

Edited by TheMastersSon

https://www.cfr.org/interview/would-paris-climate-deal-be-legally-binding-us

"Although the Obama administration could not obligate the United States to achieve specific emissions targets without the Senate’s advice and consent, it could commit to take more general, but unspecified, actions to limit carbon emissions. The administration could then implement those general commitments through the authority delegated to the EPA by Congress in the Clean Air Act."

Basically it's an indirect way to impose legally binding commitments on U.S. citizens. Please note the article date of 2015. Donald Trump not Barack Obama is now our president and ExxonMobil's CEO not Hillary Clinton is now our country's Secretary of State. IMO it's doubtful Hillary Clinton would have defended our Constitution more than Trump will, but we'll see what happens. A lot more is possible when one party controls both the White House and Congress.

From what i've read Trump intends to cut the hell out of the EPA's budgets.He wants to eliminate the EPA to use the money to build up the military.

What has Obama done that Trump can't undo?

If you have ulterior reasons for your distaste for Obama then lets just leave it at that.I respect the man and no one can demean him in my eyes.

Trump was simply a "better" (for certain values thereof) alternative to Billary. I REALLY didn't want her as pres, and Trump was the other choice........ I didn't vote "for" trump, so much as "against" Hillary.

You're not alone i've heard others say the very same thing.I simply couldn't vote for either one so i wrote in Miley Cyrus.I used my vote to rebel against the choices we were given,it was a worthless act on my part but WTF?Ya gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

I don't believe in god but i dig this song.

Edited by gandalftw