[LE] follower inventory open/trade

To bypass dialog? Use SKSE, set up a hotkey, use GetCurrentCrosshairRef and check that the resultant ObjectReference matches with the currently filled follower alias on the DialogueFollower quest. If it all matches access their inventory. Then whenever you point at them and use the designated hotkey, their inventory will open.

Otherwise, you'll have to go through dialog or create a spell that will open their inventory.

So i couldnt use a script that fires on activated npc or something of that nature without dialogue lines? Also im trying to accomplish this without skse. By this i mean a script attached to the follower. Would it not fire a event onactivate()? Edited by Gamer921

I don't think you can. I think the game suppresses any OnActivate events in favor of dialogue. If it does process them, it may try to do so after the dialogue has finished. I've never tried it to be honest.

What one follower mod did was provide a token item that the player carries. When said item is 'equipped' the follower's inventory was accessed. That is another non-skse solution.

Y

I don't think you can. I think the game suppresses any OnActivate events in favor of dialogue. If it does process them, it may try to do so after the dialogue has finished. I've never tried it to be honest.

What one follower mod did was provide a token item that the player carries. When said item is 'equipped' the follower's inventory was accessed. That is another non-skse solution.

yes thats a perfect solution can you give me an example script of how to open the followers inventory through script. Isnt something like followername.openinventory() ?

I don't know if you can reset inventory from papyrus. Might be a way with the console, not sure. Sorry.

And what you wrote is the correct usage of OpenInventory(). You may have to cast your follower reference into an Actor. Not sure, its been a while since I toyed with that function.

I don't know if you can reset inventory from papyrus. Might be a way with the console, not sure. Sorry.

And what you wrote is the correct usage of OpenInventory(). You may have to cast your follower reference into an Actor. Not sure, its been a while since I toyed with that function.

when you say cast my follower as actor do you mean objectreference actorname as actor?

Also can multible global variables run in the same script when checking conditions? I noticed in a earlier stage of my mod when dealing with a script i had a event to fire when equipped to check two different global variables conditions but it was only working on one half. Like it would read the command of the first global variable but the condition of the other one wasnt being processed at all. It was a condition that checked the player for a follower and mount.