mass effect 3 demo today

hector530

Demo was great fun. Looked good and ran smoothly in spite of all the stuff going on in the background (in the first section anyway). There were only a few minor problems I noticed: combat control being a bit touchy, and a tendency to get stuck in cover. New melee moves/ new abilities to dodge and jump were fun. I do hope the RP/story to pew pew ratio is balanced in the actual game. Fingers crossed. No real interest in the multiplayer aspect but I might check it out.

Origin? I dunno... Had the Collector's pre-ordered for a while now and Origin gave me pause but I cannot play shooters on the console (feeble) and it's Mass Effect (!) so I guess I'm going to suck it up and enjoy the end of Shepard's story.

The SP part of the demo is amazing! I had great fun playing it, I just need to get used to the movement controls.

I was pleasantly surprised on how cinematic the cutscenes are, I'm really excited to see the more dialogue based/action-less cutscenes in the final game.

Also, if anyone is interested in free stuff,

I just bought the game from GamersGate.co.uk and got Dragon Age: Origins for free. (It's also quite cheap, 31,49 pounds (which is 37.72 €), compared to the usual price on Origin for 49,99€).