I Changed Something. Now Morrowind Won't Launch

ThefatkidUNI

I have tried everything within my power to get this game to fix. Several days ago I had my hard drive deleted and a new fresh factory install. I downloaded Morrowind, and everything was working perfectly fine. Alas, what is an Elder Scrolls game without mods? I downloaded several mods I downloaded the following:

-Morrowind Code Patch

-Delayed DB Attack V2

-Speechcraft Rebalance

-Tamriel_Data & Tamriel Rebuilt

However, BEFORE i downloaded Tamriel Rebuilt I noticed I now had an option to change my screen resolution on the main mean to something higher then what I had before. I proceeded to change it to the higher setting. I immediately exited game. Now when I try to start the game this happens:

http://i.imgur.com/jhrJPhd.png

How do I go about fixing this? I have tried new install, using the version of Morrowind I got with Elder Scrolls Anthology, deleting Steam & NMM, updating all drivers. Nothing seems to work. :sad:

http://i.imgur.com/mk0jTkL.png

Edited by ThefatkidUNI

Morrowind screen resolution is stored in the Registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind

Try manually setting Screen Depth (to 20, hex for 32bit), Screen Height and Screen Width (again, hex. Mine're 438 and 780 for 1920x1080)

Also look into MGE XE for getting modern resolutions via its GUI. And more.

[Edit: Registry key assumes 64bit OS. Don't think Win10 comes in 32bit does it?]

Edited by Dragon32

Morrowind screen resolution is stored in the Registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind

Try manually setting Screen Depth (to 20, hex for 32bit), Screen Height and Screen Width (again, hex. Mine're 438 and 780 for 1920x1080)

Also look into MGE XE for getting modern resolutions via its GUI. And more.

[Edit: Registry key assumes 64bit OS. Don't think Win10 comes in 32bit does it?]

I have already tried using the regedit.

Did you try MGE XE?

If that doesn't help then all I can think of is a re-install. Somehow the game's settings have got buggered up

I have not tried MGE XE yet. I have already tried reinstalling my game over two dozen times. However get this. My problem has extended to literally every game I try to play. I have no idea how this is happening. Every game I try launches and plays fine the first time. Yet the second time I get the same error and general message. Somehow I doubt MGE Xe is going to fix this, lol.

Try moving your Steam library out of Program Files / Program Files(x86) you could be running up against folder virtualisation or UAC shenanigans.

Nothing. I have also tried uninstalling all my AMD driver's using this: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx It worked once, then reverted back to normal. :confused:

Edited by ThefatkidUNI