[WIP] Solstheim

Tirick

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a new worldspace, not directly tied to the global map. I intend eventually to add LOD terrain matching the Morrowind and Skyrim coastline, but that is low priority for me. Travel between places is currently via door-teleport, but will be eventually replaced with a conversation/travel.

I am nearly speechless at the amount of work this you have put into this so far. and what you plan on doing!

Cannot believe i never saw this thread until now. really love what you're doing and how everything pretty much looks like the actual place! and with a slight new edge to it.

This really does make me want to play Morrowind again as it's been over a year since i'v played, and sadly i have never actually finished or even barely started Bloodmoon, and i'v had it since release!

Same goes for Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, never actually finished those either >.<

Cannot wait to see how this turns out, even though it will be months even a year before it's finished. if you do not mind me asking, do you plan on doing this entire project by yourself or are you going to have more help? either is fine, just curious was all. :)

Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

For now I want to tackle what I can on my own, but I am not adverse to assistance, especially when it comes to the dozens of interior worldspaces that will be required. As I start to segregate off parts of the island as 'complete' I will also need to start populating NPC's/Quests etc. But all of that requires a degree of project management/distraction that I fear will take from my progress on the basic elements and layout.

Tirick

I've updated the mod to v0.11, which adds a detail to most of the area West of Fort Frostmoth. I do not have experience enough to know if I've overdone the trees in the forest or not. It seems to run fine on my PC, but feedback would be greatly appreciated.

There is an outstanding LOD issue. I do not want to play with the LOD yet, as frankly I've found little info on what objects should have the LOD flag on and which should not (and if they should, why do they not, by default?). Also, about 60% of the time I tested LOD generation it wrecked sections of the landscape, so, I'm avoiding it for now.

Thank you,

Tirick

Thank you!

Forging ahead, I've roughed in a new settlement directly north of the Fort. For now I'm calling it Frostheim, for lack of a better name. I am imagining this to be the refuge of the few humans who fled the disaster in Vvardenfell. It is really hard to understand the scaling factors for the Skyrim (and other TES titles) population. A small village might just have a few houses, but represent several dozen individuals.

I am (roughly) planning for Raven Rock, and new 'ghetto' surrounds to be the resting place of the Dunmer who fled, as well as vague plans for another settlement on the southeastern edge of the island. The southern parts, of which is mostly comprised of the Hirstaang Forest, seems to be the most viable for settlement. The greater northern parts is mostly icy wastes, although there is (historically) another few Nord (Skaal) settlements there, Thirsk and an unnamed Skaal Village.

Frostheim

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/Aelfric_Pics/Solstheim/Frostheim.jpg

Frostheim Bay (looking West)

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/Aelfric_Pics/Solstheim/FrostheimBay.jpg

Enjoy,

Tirick

Alright, I think I've picked a name: Seglheim. It means Sail-home in old Norse (more than fitting for a Nordic-style town), which I think is appropriate given that I see this as a primarily fishing village. I'll probably add a boardwalk leading along the western edge of the bay to a small fishing dock.

Of course this means having to change the Navmesh on the Docks, but that the price of WIP design.