Skyrim DLC, the Dwemer?

SubjectProphet

NOTE: Just in case, this is in the spoilers section.

But think about it; they've gone deeper into the Dwemer than any other game. With the connection to Black Reach as well, I'm quite suprised I haven't seen this brought up. The Dwemer had apperantly disappeared YEARS ago, but that's only what we THINK. What if they didn't? Or what if they came BACK?

Any thoughts?

Actually, there was more information regarding the Dwemer in Morrowind than in Skyrim... In fact, in Morrowind you discovered what happened to the Dwemer.

All we really have about the Dwemer in Skyrim is the Falmer abuse, and its really, really crappy writing. It goes against everything we know about Dwemer society, and seems to have been shoehorned in there just to give a reason to get the Falmer in the game.

As for this not being brought up... The fate of the Dwemer was talked about back in November. Once it was explained what happened to them, the threat quickly got burried by other thnigs.

Actually, there was more information regarding the Dwemer in Morrowind than in Skyrim... In fact, in Morrowind you discovered what happened to the Dwemer.

All we really have about the Dwemer in Skyrim is the Falmer abuse, and its really, really crappy writing. It goes against everything we know about Dwemer society, and seems to have been shoehorned in there just to give a reason to get the Falmer in the game.

As for this not being brought up... The fate of the Dwemer was talked about back in November. Once it was explained what happened to them, the threat quickly got burried by other thnigs.

In Morrowind actually you only learned one thing. In Skyrim, you learn more. In fact, based off of the information currently released on the Dwemer, 86% of it is from Skyrim. The remaining is from Daggerfall and Morrowind.

Eh... I dissagree with that summary. Morrowind not only gave us the reason for the Dwemer's dissapearance (2 reasons, in fact) but that era of publication gave us insights into Dwemer culture and conduct through 'Ancient Tales of the Dwemer" and statements from both Yagrum and Fyr. With the exception the Dwarves - The Lost Race of Tamriel series and the Dwemer Inquiries, Their Architecture and Civilization series, all other books about the Dwemer come from Morrowind, as do several official articles, letters and stories which have never been included in game.

The Dwemer have been thoroughly explained, but this is an Elder Scrolls game. You don't seriously expect them to just vanish everything just because it's "sacred tradition" or "fully researched" or some other lame excuse to avoid the issue? The only thing we *know* is that we don't really know anything.

The Dwemer are NOT coming back. All the Dwemer, with the SOLE EXCEPTION OF Yagrum Bagarn, had their souls ripped from their body and fused with the giant golem Numidium and became its golden skin.

There was a interview with Bethesda called the "Skeleton Man Interview" were it was confirmed that was what happened and later Micheal Kirkbride himself confirmed it.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-skeleton-man

"Xal, a Human Maruhkati, Port Telvanis:

Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

The first to see him was the Shop Foremer, Kagrenac of Vvardenfell, the wisest of the tonal architects [Mechanists - MN] Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world."

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/482103-made-up-word-round-up/page__p__6918676#entry6918676

"Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence."

Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Filthy with it, I am.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Funny, but it doesn't look to me like someone actually went to Tamriel and personally witnessed this. And even MK says "so many" not "all" (two totally different concepts, logically). Even more tragically, Dragonrend was lost forever. Oh, wait... :tongue:

Actually if you would bother to read what was posted you would see that "so many"can equal "all" in the way the passage is worded.

Also MK said in his post

"Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO."

He said THE DWARVES, not SOME DWARVES, not MOST OF THE DWARVES, not A LARGE PORTION OF THE DWARVES, but THE DWARVES, as in ALL OF THEM.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000