I think we should have a non-skimpy and skimpy armor categories

dueldragon

I hate skimpy armor but don't get me wrong, I don't care if others like to use it, It's their game and their own right. But it's a bit annoying to look for non skimpy armors when a lot of the mods are, Sort of hides the good ones that are not skimpy.

Please, No hate. This may already be possible but I'm just not aware of it.

Hell I'm not even sure if this is the right forum.

I hate skimpy armor but don't get me wrong, I don't care if others like to use it, It's their game and their own right. But it's a bit annoying to look for non skimpy armors when a lot of the mods are, Sort of hides the good ones that are not skimpy.

Go to the Skyrim mod page, any page.

At the top of the page to the right will be dueldragon's account. LMC to open your account.

In the drop down menu, LMC "Block content"

In the category "Content and realism", LMC the block next to "Sexy/Skimpy".

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the green button "BLOCK THESE TAGS" and LMC on the button.

Edited by M48A5

Go to the Skyrim mod page, any page.

At the top of the page to the right will be dueldragon's account. LMC to open your account.

In the drop down menu, LMC "Block content"

In the category "Content and realism", LMC the block next to "Sexy/Skimpy".

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the green button "BLOCK THESE TAGS" and LMC on the button.

It's already checked. I still see skimpy armors though

Edited by dueldragon

I really wouldn't mind seeing something like this myself.... or even an entire sub-area of Skyrim Nexus expressly for those who tend to mostly focus on erotica and related areas.

However, I'm not sure it would work... One problem with the filters is that authors don't always "correctly" tag their mods, so even if you've blocked a category, skimpy armour might still appear in your feed. Or, it can also come down to subjective opinion, what might be "skimpy" to one player/author, could be "tastefully sexy" to another.. I suspect we'd encounter similar issues if armours were separated by skimpy/non skimpy.

What I find works relatively well is sifting through armours (or whatever else) and individually blocking authors. While there are always going to be exceptions to this, most of the people who create clothing and armour tend to maintain a particular style... So, if somebody has released three or more skimpy armours, and nothing else.. I block them. It's not personal, and I'm not entirely comfortable doing it because censorship makes me uneasy, but it saves my front Nexus page from being filled with stuff I'll never download, and I don't need to block entire categories. I usually do the same with vanilla-voiced followers.

It takes a bit of initial effort, but after that it's just a matter of keeping an eye on new mods that pop up, and repeating the process as needed.