Just bought PC Oblivion

Stemin

Roberts Male for males, which...someone else will have to link to because for the life of me I can never find it when I need to link to it.

I had a hell of a time finding this one. I kept searching for Robert's male and found nothing. Eventually I realized why. While there is a Robert's Female v13, apparently he stopped calling Robert's Male by that name and now calls it MaleBodyReplacer.

Anyways, here's the link: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40532

I'm not sure if I should go with the BAIN one at the bottom then? You said to try Wrye. Going to bed. Back to work tomorrow so I might not touch this stuff again 'til Friday.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that would explain why I couldn't find it.

And yes, I would suggest going ahead and start using Wrye Bash and BAIN, you may need OBMM for a few things, but BAIN is just so much more useful from a management perspective, and the Wrye Bash Bashed Patch is absolutely indispensable, so you'll be using the program eventually anyway.

<snip>

And yes, I would suggest going ahead and start using Wrye Bash and BAIN, you may need OBMM for a few things, but BAIN is just so much more useful from a management perspective, and the Wrye Bash Bashed Patch is absolutely indispensable, so you'll be using the program eventually anyway.

Yup, I definitely agree with you. Although, I don't have a lot of mods installed, it helps you when you have a truckload of mods installed. For example, it can restore everything back to what it was before you installed the mod. BAIN is also useful too as I hear but I currently haven't got much out of it yet. And the Wyre Bash Bashed Patch, I absolutely agree with you. It has made my Oblivion Khajiit character's life more easier, 0 weight arrows like in Skyrim.

In general the Construction Set isn't something for most people. Those who want to make their own mods, or personalize mods they've downloaded find the links to the CS and the wiki articles on getting started. You'll also see quite a few threads on here about CS related questions.

If a mod said you'd need to load it into the CS and do something to get it to work I'd consider it a work in progress.

When the GotY asks for the second disk it will install Shivering Isles and patch the game up to 1.2.0416. You can confirm the version number in the lower left of the menu screen. If you don't wish to play through the SI expansion you don't need to ... it will add one entry in your quest log about "A strange door ..." and that's all. Having SI installed will also give you the benefit of compatibility with any mods that require SI assets ... if you have it install it.

Hmm.. I installed the game on my laptop and desktop and it never asked for disk 2.

disc one does not know that disc two exists, disc two knows that disc one exists! just ram disc two down it's throat and it will obey your command!

Quick update before I hit the sack. I installed Wry Bash, but didn't do a whole lot with it. Then I installed HGEC female body. It had lots of options I wasn't clear on. I went with animations, guts, and something else.... had to do with whole body options? The game runs, didn't crash, but I'm not happy with the controller setup. I found another one on nexus now that I have a little more experience navigating and it claims to work better than the wiki, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

I was wondering, does this mean I have to use HGEC BBB Guts armor mods only for my female characters now? I played the game _VERY_ little, not even enough to get out of the sewers, so I didn't get to see any female NPC's to see if it made any changes or not.

We're going to get you out of those sewers before April!!

The way the game works is whatever your character or an NPC is wearing 'becomes' the part of the body that it is covering. If you selected Light GUTS for your body (a very nice choice by the way) and then you downloaded and installed say a glass armor replacer that comes in A-cup (HGEC compatible) what will happen is any female NPCs you come across wearing glass armor will appear to have A-cup breasts. If they happen to be a bandit, chances are you and her will get to fighting, and hopefully you manage to beat her. Now when you loot her body you'll see that she somehow had those nice F-cup breasts stuffed into that glass armor (no wonder she couldn't fight ... probably lucky to be able to breathe). Upper and lower body work the same way, clothes and armor included. That's why some people use a complete package body replacer like EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion that includes replacers for all the vanilla clothes and armor to match your selected body. I like to use the fact that clothed and armored bodies can be different sizes to my advantage to get some variety into the game (I use more variety in sizes in clothes than armor, but I do have a couple of replacers in play there as well). Depends on what you're looking for, and how much effort you're willing to put into achieving your goals. My own game is still a work in progress after a few years of tweaking and trying different things (and will probably still be a WIP a few more years down the road).

On the animations front we'll get you hooked up with the best in the business when you're ready (NoMaaM by fore). As animations like those you've installed and NoMaaM are replacers whichever you install last is what the game will use (which also means you're free to mix and match to a large extent as well ... something else I can waste a bunch of time on). Sleep fast, the weekend is coming.

We're going to get you out of those sewers before April!!

Not if I don't get these controls set up a little better. They agitate me to no end. I haven't been a PC gamer since Duke Nukem 3D and even back then I never used a mouse. I want to make this controller work well.

The way the game works is whatever your character or an NPC is wearing 'becomes' the part of the body that it is covering. If you selected Light GUTS for your body (a very nice choice by the way) and then you downloaded and installed say a glass armor replacer that comes in A-cup (HGEC compatible) what will happen is any female NPCs you come across wearing glass armor will appear to have A-cup breasts. If they happen to be a bandit, chances are you and her will get to fighting, and hopefully you manage to beat her. Now when you loot her body you'll see that she somehow had those nice F-cup breasts stuffed into that glass armor (no wonder she couldn't fight ... probably lucky to be able to breathe). Upper and lower body work the same way, clothes and armor included. That's why some people use a complete package body replacer like EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion that includes replacers for all the vanilla clothes and armor to match your selected body. I like to use the fact that clothed and armored bodies can be different sizes to my advantage to get some variety into the game (I use more variety in sizes in clothes than armor, but I do have a couple of replacers in play there as well). Depends on what you're looking for, and how much effort you're willing to put into achieving your goals. My own game is still a work in progress after a few years of tweaking and trying different things (and will probably still be a WIP a few more years down the road).

On the animations front we'll get you hooked up with the best in the business when you're ready (NoMaaM by fore). As animations like those you've installed and NoMaaM are replacers whichever you install last is what the game will use (which also means you're free to mix and match to a large extent as well ... something else I can waste a bunch of time on). Sleep fast, the weekend is coming.

So if I understand it correctly any body will work with any armor, but they might not look quite right when they're looted. Now when I ran through the installer for HGEC it had a list of choices for the mod I selected. But mods are just a mod file that can be unchecked in boss or obmm right? So couldn't I run the HGEC installer a second time, setup another set of choices and have both mod "packages" available as choices in obmm? Or does the file overwrite? Or do you not know 'cuz you don't use that mod? ;)

Unfortunately a limitation with the game is it can only have one body for males and one for females at a time. There are mods that get around this by making different bodies into 'clothes' that are worn (I use BBB Designer body spell by electrro but there are more recent ones available that offer more body variations (e.g. SetBody 2ch-Edition TSpec) but I don't have any experience using them, so can't vouch for them. Unless you get one that includes resized clothing (I think I saw something like that) the different bodies would only be apparent on nude NPCs.

Now if you just wanted to change the body that you're currently using you can simply disable the mod in OBMM and then re-enable it. That will run the OMOD script again and you can make a different selection. You can also just copy and paste the appropriate files to the proper location from another body mod, or if you have the manual install version of your current HGEC mod (there is also the option of extracting the files from the OMOD), so you see there's an almost bewildering array of options.

The trick is using other bodies that are compatible with the parts you're replacing. Sometimes waist or wrist/ankle seams don't line up. The other consideration leads to your "So if I understand it correctly any body will work with any armor". Textures are assigned to the mesh, so you need to stay within compatible bodies, in your case HGEC compatible. If you stray outside of the type you are using you can get some pretty obvious anomalies. The same applies to the clothes and armor you chose. If they aren't HGEC compatible you'll see weirdness with the textures. There are different 'families' that can be used together (e.g. HGEC and Exnem) as often one is just a derived later version of the other. Takes research and experimentation to find where the limits are (and questions).

I personally use HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12, except I'm still using version 1.11. The only significant change between version 1.11 and 1.12 is an option was added to the OMOD installation script that allowed you to install without the included animations. Because the animations included with HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 are simple replacers for the vanilla animations (which need to have the exact same file name and folder structure as the assets they're replacing from the vanilla game's BSA files) what would happen is if you installed another replacer after you'd installed HGEC Body with BBB v1dot12 (I use fore's NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer) and then changed your body type the OMOD script would overwrite NoMaaM's animations. It's an easy thing to fix, just re-install NoMaaM, but if you're like me and you've mixed and matched different BMF (breast movement factors ... not sure if fore has that trademarked, but he should) for different animations then you'd need to recreate your big plan. I'm pretty good at documenting things I customize, but there's always something I did that I went "Oh, I'll remember that no problem" and then of course I don't remember.

Getting comfortable with the folder structure the game uses is a good start. I'm lucky in that after I got HGEC Body with BBB v1dot11 and CM Partners Basic installed using OBMM and OMODs I learned how to manually install mods. It's added a lot more joy to the game for me, as I love tinkering.