Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

We recreate stuff from previous games, or stuff from DLC as non-DLC items all the time. Beth never bothered anyone as long as you used your own materials and work.

None of it has ever been in direct conflict with something Bethesda is trying to make money with. If I'm wrong, please show me some examples.

It's too early to tell. Guess we'll see what happens. I just think microtransactions are a horrible idea. Not only because we already have one of the largest modding communities out there, a community that has remained strong due to the freedom of sharing sources, material, and ideas, but because this micro dlc crap bethesda is trying to pull is a direct response by them trying to figure out a way to make money from the modders out there. It's not about giving some random guy or girl a chance to make a living doing something they enjoy. It's about them seeing just how much they can squeeze out of their outdated games. And testing to see how feasible it is for future games. If they were really trying to help modders out, they'd be giving them even profit sharing, which isn't going to happen.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make long story short.

it's time to Revolt.

Bethe, WILL try to SABOTAGE free mods in the future anyway they can, they can't resist temptation, they already tried.

They'll copy idea's, remake, and put it CC.

It's not going be like DLC, freaking fools, does MUD CRAB armor or BACKPACK sound like a MF DLC?

Believe, that they can't sleep at night because they think about , how to get our money.

Nothing good will come for FREE, homeboys, NOTHING,

Edited by SMILINGMOON

I repeat, it's time to Revolt.

Bethe, WILL try to SABOTAGE free mods in the future anyway they can, they can't resist temptation, they already tried.

It's not going be like DLC, freaking fools, does MUD CRAB armor sound like a MF DLC?

Believe, that they can't sleep at night because they think about , how to get our money.

Learn from past, it time to REVOLT.

Please go back to leddit and revolt there.

I repeat, it's time to Revolt.

It's not going be like DLC, freaking fools, does MUD CRAB armor or BACKPACK sound like a MF DLC?

Learn from past, it time to REVOLT.

In the interest of being perfectly fair we have next to no details about the system.

I 100% agree that it looks like this is paid mods 2.0. Their E3 showcase basically described it as such.

That being said there is no reason to go full defcon firestorm until we know exactly what bethesda plans to do.

I for one am highly pessimistic that the CC will be anything more than just beth trying to sell us mudcrab armor for 5 dollars but there isn't any reason to start lighting yourself on fire until we know exactly what this creation club will look like.

If the worst is true and this is just horse armor basically then I dont even think people will need to organize and do anything. The vast majority of consumers simply wont pay for that, especially if free versions of the same thing or similar are still available, and the system will fail exactly like the last time.

We recreate stuff from previous games, or stuff from DLC as non-DLC items all the time. Beth never bothered anyone as long as you used your own materials and work.

None of it has ever been in direct conflict with something Bethesda is trying to make money with. If I'm wrong, please show me some examples.

It's too early to tell. Guess we'll see what happens. I just think microtransactions are a horrible idea. Not only because we already have one of the largest modding communities out there, a community that has remained strong due to the freedom of sharing sources, material, and ideas, but because this micro dlc crap bethesda is trying to pull is a direct response by them trying to figure out a way to make money from the modders out there. It's not about giving some random guy or girl a chance to make a living doing something they enjoy. It's about them seeing just how much they can squeeze out of their outdated games. And testing to see how feasible it is for future games. If they were really trying to help modders out, they'd be giving them even profit sharing, which isn't going to happen.

That and it sets a precedent for later games and other developers if they are able to establish a foothold in the market with paid mods (a spade is still a spade no matter how you brand it) you can bet that many devs will start trying to get in on it. The video game industry didn't change over night it was a gradual change and if this takes off it will be a gradual change into paid mods.

Thats what scares me the most sure its not all paid right now but stuff like this doesn't change overnight its a slow process that you sometimes don't notice until it has happened.

Read a article with Hines defending the idea, he keeps saying somthing I find to be one of the key issues.

He wants to bring in the best mod makers in our community.

What this can mean is:

We we want to slowly lure in as many of the good modders out there into our system, maybe even throw out there a NDA where free modding cant be done for a time frame but one way or another eventually we will have a huge portion of the best of the best, that would normally have made free content, but now, things you will want, that will be putting money in our pocket.

and come time for ES6? F05? well thats when Bethesda.net 2.0 now with Creation Club comes out!, new propriety mod delivery systems. 100% (and only supported ) on our new site!

I know this is all tongue and cheek "darkest time line" type stuff but its all feasible. We might find our selves with some of the best modders, and by extension, best future mods going over there due to the offers we cant refuse. then it can only get worse once they grow in market share, not to mention the CREDITS system means no refunds ever. Mod doesnt work with free mod 1 and 2? tough we only said it woudl work with the game not your free stuff.

CC is a normal contract service for creative works, it works much the same way in every creative industry using outside contract services.

It is simply the business side is now being made more public/open in order to allow for more official content to be made for their two major titles, and upcoming titles.

It is going to be reviewed as a concept, and in each stage of development by a dedicated team at bethesda, Anyone can apply to join but you do need to have some work to show before hand, thus programmers, artists, and mod authors will have a good way to work with bethesda to make official content for a fee.

As mods are literally not official content, the CC is simply not mods. If it is official it is official, if it is not official, it is a mod.

As for "paid mods" in concept, yes it is rightly back and done proper, as it has been a successful practice for consumers, modders, and IP owner in other parts of the industry for nearly 20 years now. It is about time bethesda did it right to protect consumers and provide a method for hobbiests to transition into professional fields.

This does not effect you if you do not buy items on CC, it has no effect on existing mods. It does not take anything away from you end users. In fact you lost more from the rash of mod thefts than you ever would with "paid mods"

Edited by minngarm

Let me say that I like Ethreon. He is generous with his time, knowledge and also his work. Most importantly he is highly intelligent. Intelligent enough to know what I am about to say is correct.

He is arrogant and a bit hard for some to understand. People like him think they have something to offer that people who use mods can't live without. Well they are wrong. I admire theirr skills and knowledge. I am grateful for the many assets he in particular has created and for the time and help he gave me on the addon pack I made for Sim Settlements, but all those things are not worth the destruction of free modding. I am sorry you live in some East European cesspool and can't find gainful employment there, but selling out the modding community for your self interests is not the way. You hate people, I get it, but attempting to fleece them will only blow up in your face.