Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

If its true what was said. That a person that was accepted got hit with an nda. Its not looking good at all. Sometimes you must sacrifice what you want for the greater good. I feel like not alienating your community is a good place to start..... If the next tes or fo are like Fo4. And the creation club is what we think it is, there wont be a community to make good mods. It will all be swill micro transaction bulls***.

Where do you people even pull these news from, the horse's ass?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its true what was said. That a person that was accepted got hit with an nda. Its not looking good at all. Sometimes you must sacrifice what you want for the greater good. I feel like not alienating your community is a good place to start..... If the next tes or fo are like Fo4. And the creation club is what we think it is, there wont be a community to make good mods. It will all be swill micro transaction bulls***.

Where do you people even pull these news from, the horse's ass?

A page before this.

Bethesda see the modding community as a direct source of revenue. handled badly this could end the modding scene for TES and FO. the modders who sign up for CC will probably not be able to release free mods as Zenimax/Bethesda will slap a price tag on any quality mods they make while under the contract.

the modding community could end up splitting in half over this with those who sign up being seen as sell-outs by those who don't.

what happens when modders make free mods based on paid mods?

I have seen a modding community split over paid mods before and it became very acrimonious. it took the love right out of it for me and I gave up creating mods for all games and I wasn't the only one who quit the modding scene over it. I would hate to see that happening to another community, especially one that has so much talent.

in my opinion Bethesda would be off better promoting the free modding community as it is and concentrating on making bug free games.

I also have to wonder if Bethesda have any idea how many slooty mods they are going to have submitted which they will have to reject so as not to offend the shareholders and other people who will never play the game.

Personally I probably wont buy another Bethesda title unless it has The Witcher 3 levels of depth in its quests and story.

Witcher 3 has that depth of story because it's really a very linear game. You are given a pre-generated character with an extensive backstory, and level-gated zones with linear quests heavily backed with cutscenes. And let's be honest, a lot of the secondary quests were "go kill X and bring back its head".

The best ES/FO games story-wise have been the opposite. Make any character you want, and the backstory is generic enough to allow for it. The map is open-world, with numerous quest lines to run through in mostly any order, or you can just head out and explore.

They are two different sides of the coin of what can be a good RPG, and I think expecting Bethesda to suddenly give up their game model after all these years and start making linear Witcher 3 style games would be not only unrealistic but counter-productive

I'm not saying make it linear like the Witcher Series. That would mean giving the Player a set in stone character. Like the Master Chief, Link, Geralt, So on so forth. What I mean is the quality in the quests and the options and the reward. Besides a few quests in vanilla Fallout 4 very few are note worthy and very few give you any sort of reward that is worthwhile. Most of the time you get caps but they are essentially useless besides a few unique you can buy from vendors. Everything else you can just find or craft.

This is the problem that plagues Fallout 4, radiant quests. Now nothing is wrong with radiant quests but a large amount of the quests in Fallout 4 are radiant. Besides giving the player something to do they offer nothing in the way of building the lore up.

Also, when I say be more like The Witcher 3 I mean polish. Even after the updates have stopped, Fallout 4 lacks good polish and is still plagued by bugs that have bothered it since day one. Regardless of mods or not at some point during a Fallout 4 play through you will experience a crash or a random drop in frames no matter how much you tweak, update, reinstall, etc especially in the Boston. I have yet to see any frame drops in The Witcher 3 or have any crashes. Not to say that they havent fixed some of the issues in Fallout 4 because they have, but it still has problems that should worked on or fixed.

Bethesda see the modding community as a direct source of revenue. handled badly this could end the modding scene for TES and FO. the modders who sign up for CC will probably not be able to release free mods as Zenimax/Bethesda will slap a price tag on any quality mods they make while under the contract.

the modding community could end up splitting in half over this with those who sign up being seen as sell-outs by those who don't.

what happens when modders make free mods based on paid mods?

I have seen a modding community split over paid mods before and it became very acrimonious. it took the love right out of it for me and I gave up creating mods for all games and I wasn't the only one who quit the modding scene over it. I would hate to see that happening to another community, especially one that has so much talent.

in my opinion Bethesda would be off better promoting the free modding community as it is and concentrating on making bug free games.

I also have to wonder if Bethesda have any idea how many slooty mods they are going to have submitted which they will have to reject so as not to offend the shareholders and other people who will never play the game.

As someone else stated. Regardless if you like it or not some of the slooty mods are of some of the highest quality to. Some of the sloot mods have lots of details and are crafted very well.

Like I stated a few pages ago what worries me the most is the amount of awesome mods we may never see because the authors wont post it/wont make it because they aren't accepted into the CC club and will attempt to wait until they are accepted which may never happen. Sure some wont be like this but some might be.

I had said earlier in this forum that, at best, CC would amount to micro-transactions based on what little we know so far. It had also been my understanding that, almost universally, micro-transactions are loathed.

Perhaps that is something to unite around? I can say I was vexed when they brought it into Halo and a multiplayer game has the most reasonable case for it.

Then again I may be wrong. Perhaps the community of gamers has shifted and embraced micro-transactions, embraced always online play, embraced the assorted "clubs" you have to give your email to, and perhaps the community only need the slightest push until they fall and wallow in the swap of random "loot box" style rewards?

But, as usual, who really cares what I think.

As someone else stated. Regardless if you like it or not some of the slooty mods are of some of the highest quality to. Some of the sloot mods have lots of details and are crafted very well.

Like I stated a few pages ago what worries me the most is the amount of awesome mods we may never see because the authors wont post it/wont make it because they aren't accepted into the CC club and will attempt to wait until they are accepted which may never happen. Sure some wont be like this but some might be.

no argument about quality regarding the slooty mods. those mods cover the full spectrum of skills needed for creating mods from retextures to model creation and animation scripting. but can Bethesda/Zenimax have adult mods available for sale? they still have to deal with people trying to impose restrictions on game content. I was just wondering if they were prepared for the sheer volume of slooty mods that are going to be submitted.

I don't expect that the people who create slooty or adult mods would even think to try to submit them to Beth. They are not dumb and know that Beth won't have them, It's the people who can't just have them that keep trying to get them and even begging Beth to change the rules.

no argument about quality regarding the slooty mods. those mods cover the full spectrum of skills needed for creating mods from retextures to model creation and animation scripting. but can Bethesda/Zenimax have adult mods available for sale? they still have to deal with people trying to impose restrictions on game content. I was just wondering if they were prepared for the sheer volume of slooty mods that are going to be submitted.

Pretty sure the small amount of people that are accepted are clearly told the accepted mod types and adult mods are most likely not going to be submitted.

The modders who sign up for CC will probably not be able to release free mods as Zenimax/Bethesda will slap a price tag on any quality mods they make while under the contract.

I wouldn't think this would be an issue because you're not a company employee working on company time. You have to submit a proposal and get it approved to get paid. No proposal should mean no claim on whatever else you made while a member of "the Club".