Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

and maybe you shouldn't be attacking a kid in school for 3d! Tell me what you have done or even tried to do for the community NOTHING! I at least try and help the community and if I get into the CC I will continue to do so. You on the other hand have what to offer?

What am I trying to do? Make people see how a few greedy elitist, butthurt over Youtuber, mod makers are about to help destroy modding forever.

For ever free because I want it that way! and I deserve it! That is your attitude.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What am I trying to do? Make people see how a few greedy elitist, butthurt over Youtuber, mod makers are about to help destroy modding forever.

Right. So far you have provided zero evidence for that. All you have done is insinuate that, somehow, some way, the Creation Club will destroy Bethesda modding forever.

You're welcome to your opinion. But if you want to actually convince people that your views are the right ones, you're going to need something more to back them up than simple vitriol.

Edited by Reneer

and maybe you shouldn't be attacking a kid in school for 3d! Tell me what you have done or even tried to do for the community NOTHING! I at least try and help the community and if I get into the CC I will continue to do so. You on the other hand have what to offer?

For ever free because I want it that way! and I deserve it! That is your attitude.

I would just ignore him. Since he has started posting on this topic he has brought nothing but negativity.

Edited by bluesunmerc

I would just ignore him. Since he has started posting on this topic he has brought nothing but negativity.

I agree, but in my defense its hard to stay positive when you're talking about a cancer.

Good to know pete's idea of professionally developed content worth paying for is a single bow and crab armor.....

Also Ide love to hear why pete thinks the creation club isnt just DLC but something else. Get real.

Again I don't agree with it simply quoting what he said about it. That is his marketing degree at work right there. He is probably not the creator of nor was he the brain power behind creation club he is just their marketing guy and knowing how volatile of a situation CC is its no wonder that Mr. Howard didn't announce it himself. Also why it was right in the middle of their conference and they only briefly glossed over it. Until I get more information about CC I will remain skeptical and pessimistic about it.

If and this is a big if, if it is as good as they are letting on then I congratulate any modder who gets into the program and gets paid to mod it. I personally think they will have to follow an NDA and are very limited on discussing the inner workings of CC. Things such as how pressured they are to get a mod done, disclosing how they work with Bethesda on mods, and pay. Those are the types of things I have a feeling they will try to keep the modders quite on. Of course I may need to put on a tinfoil hat to start talking about NDAs.

My point is the CC is one of 2 things.

1. its paid mods. A microtransaction hub that beth/zeni is trying to use to milk the consumer out of every possible cent and we can prepare for 5.99 house mods.

or

2. its large content packs bethesda is producing with the help of a few talented mod authors from the community (the most preferable outcome I think) which would basically make it DLC. Although this is the best outcome for some people its still pretty rage inducing tbh. Especially since beth marketed the FO4 season pass as giving buyers access to all future DLC content produced for fallout 4 (i cant remember if skyrim had anything similar but I dont think so). This video is just so obviously pete trying to vaguely not describe what the CC is because no matter how you slice it, paid mods or more dlc, beth looks like a terrible collection of individuals trying to swindle the people that purchase their games. Either the consumer as a whole with a microtransaction hub for a full price single player rpg or season pass owners by producing more DLC and charging them money. Even though they were sold the season pass on the premise that they wouldn't have to buy any more DLC they would get access to it all.

Watching that interview was weird. I felt a combination of sorry for pete hines but also feeling like I needed a shower.

Edited by Alexotero1219

My point is the CC is one of 2 things.

1. its paid mods. A microtransaction hub that beth/zeni is trying to use to milk the consumer out of every possible cent and we can prepare for 5.99 house mods.

or

2. its large content packs bethesda is producing with the help of a few talented mod authors from the community (the most preferable outcome I think) which would basically make it DLC. Although this is the best outcome for some people its still pretty rage inducing tbh. Especially since beth marketed the FO4 season pass as giving buyers access to all future DLC content produced for fallout 4 (i cant remember if skyrim had anything similar but I dont think so). This video is just so obviously pete trying to vaguely not describe what the CC is because no matter how you slice it, paid mods or more dlc, beth looks like a terrible collection of individuals trying to swindle the people that purchase their games. Either the consumer as a whole with a microtransaction hub for a full price single player rpg or season pass owners by producing more DLC and charging them money. Even though they were sold the season pass on the premise that they wouldn't have to buy any more DLC they would get access to it all.

Watching that interview was weird. I felt a combination of sorry for pete hines but also feeling like I needed a shower.

HAHA that last part gave me a good chuckle. Obviously they were vague because they knew the backlash was going to be bad and in this case (for them) the less is said the easier it is to reassure people it will be fine later.

Its kind of like Xbox when they announced the One and started talking about always online drm and no game sharing and all that. Ultimately they changed all of that and dropped it but by then a lot of people had made up their minds. The same can be said for Bethesda in this case. Bethesda knows if they don't handle this situation carefully they could lose more than they gain. I would take a guess and say that we wont know what CC will be like until it drops. Since it is supposed to come out this summer it could be out any day now or a few months from now. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept quite about it until it launched just so they don't have to worry about any more damage control, or they are simply waiting for E3 to be over with and wait for all the angry people to calm down about it.

I will say, Bethesda may be greedy but I don't think they are completely brain dead (if they were paid mods would have stayed the first go around).

Did people really make death threats the last time around? That just sounds completely over the top!! I mean did anyone take that crap seriously? :huh:

"What you in fer?" - "Oh. I iced this guy cause he wouldn't make free mods no more!!" WTF!!giphy.gif

Did people really make death threats the last time around? That just sounds completely over the top!! I mean did anyone take that crap seriously? :huh:

"What you in fer?" - "Oh. I iced this guy cause he wouldn't make free mods no more!!" WTF!!

People sent death threats a lot. It's what probably makes it that CC members currently are fairly anon.