Creation Club Summer 2017

N7R

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point wasn't that blueprints are not mods but, if you act like you built this community all by yourself and call others who may want to partake in the Creative Club sellouts for their choice. Followed by telling everyone how easy it is to make mods then you damn well better have contributed a lot to this community.

The mod I'm building certainly ain't easy. But I don't build my mod because of fame or fortunes, I build my mod as a contribution to the community which provides me with all the other fantastic content that makes my gaming experience so much nicer. I don't want donations or payment, just more quality mods from like minded individuals. Mind you I do not blame any one who is tempted by the $$$, life is hard and expensive. But I would not want to see my contents making millions for some corporate conglomerate while I just manage to pay off my car or less.

To put it bluntly I look at this CC like I do GUNetwork (minus pirated stuff there), only a new level of low.

If this takes off and does well then I think we might wonder what the situation with TES6 will be as far as Beth's willingness to continue letting fans tinker with the game and create mods. What makes me think things might be OK is that they looking for ideas from experienced creators. And right now the best pool of talent to draw from is the free modding community. Now the question becomes an ethical one of whether it is fair to console users to have to pay for content that PC users can get for free. That is the rub. The anger directed at any creator that signs up and "betrays" the Forever Free concept that this site seemed to be founded on. I personally do not feel sorry for consolers simply because they are given a choice of whether to purchase the extra content or not. And if they feel strongly enough about having Beth dictate what is available and for how much (like I did) then they can bypass that by moving to PC. Anonymity would be the best way to protect creators from backlash within the community- I think.

My point wasn't that blueprints are not mods but, if you act like you built this community all by yourself and call others who may want to partake in the Creative Club sellouts for their choice. Followed by telling everyone how easy it is to make mods then you damn well better have contributed a lot to this community.

Well Sim Settlement Addons are not blueprints but it doesn't matter.

Just because you made 3 bug filled and performance killing mods does not give you the authority to proclaim who is a modder and who isn't. Get over yourself. Youre letting the praise of the many people who are ignorant of just how easy your mods are to create go to your head.

Edited by MrJoseCuervo

@JoseCuervo - You're off your head. You think Beantown is easy to create? Then lets see you go and put in the effort to make all those cell edits in CK on that scale. Lets see you do uphill battle with the precalc system. Lets see you lose your mind after not too long of working in the CKs poxy render window. No way do I have the patience for that crap. Its a bloody effort.

If its so damn easy lets here your detailed explanation of why it is Beantown affects performance and how you would solve it. Lets here your opinion on Umbra and how its adverse implementation should be handled in the way of compatibilty and modder friendliness, and how we can trim precombined meshes for better generations. Lets hear an easy answer for that because we'd all love one.

Chucksteel is the one that helps others then they have a problem with the ck. He have help dozens and dozens of ppl, like me with his knowledge and he had make mods since f3 (may even before).

He is one of the persons, who certainly do not deserve such a dispute.

Edited by taryl80

Chucksteel is the one that helps others then they have a problem with the ck. He have help dozens and dozens of ppl, like me with his knowledge and he had make mods since f3 (may even before).

He is one of the persons, who certainly do not deserve such a dispute.

I am sure he is a nice person...

The point isn't about bad mods, its the fact that Modders are helping destroy the modding community. I just hope it turns out to be worth it.

@JoseCuervo - You're off your head. You think Beantown is easy to create? Then lets see you go and put in the effort to make all those cell edits in CK on that scale. Lets see you do uphill battle with the precalc system. Lets see you lose your mind after not too long of working in the CKs poxy render window. No way do I have the patience for that crap. Its a bloody effort.

If its so damn easy lets here your detailed explanation of why it is Beantown affects performance and how you would solve it. Lets here your opinion on Umbra and how its adverse implementation should be handled in the way of compatibilty and modder friendliness, and how we can trim precombined meshes for better generations. Lets hear an easy answer for that because we'd all love one.

I am in no position to judge. But difficulty is not determined by how tedious something is. As far as Mods go, I would say Mud Crab armor is a better mod. It isn't a Bug filled graphic glitch fest.

The problem with beantown can be easily solved by making new cells for every building. instead of opening them up in the worldspace thus destroying performance and causing massive culling issues. It would be cool if it worked well in its current state but it simply doesn't in FO4.

But lets not get derailed. This topic is about how the Creation Club will destroy modding.

I am in no position to judge

And that is all I need to hear to know just how little you understand the Creation Engine or the Creation kit but, Sure lets get back to topic.

Where is the proof that the Creation Club will ruin the community or even have any effect on it other then a few mods falling behind a Pay Wall?

I suspect it will have little impact on the PC players at all but, for console players it's could be a game changer. (But I know from other topics how you feel about anyone who chooses to play on a console so you don't even need to bother telling me you don't care about them!)