Paid modding is back

Hexxagone

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill wait for more information: I would like to know the ratio of, how mutch money will modders get. (example: beth gets 20% from the payment, modder 80%)

I would also like to know how mutch will the credits cost?(example, you will pay for highly detailed follower mod 135 credits, which would cost 5€)

I would be happy to see weapon or armor packs mods (ex. weapon pack mod contains: variety of ebony items that you can craft and get in the world)

One thing that im afraid i wont see are tutorials, how to make a weapon, follower and so on. This way modders might more likely not share how they their stuff.

I also think this wont "kill the free mods", becouse there will be more people that make free mods, then these that get payed for them. Becouse payed mods will have to go trough longer process of accepted by Beth then free mods (hopefully)

There is too mutch we dont know about this system, so i get why are people freaking out about this. I will patiently wait for alpha or beta version and then make asumption.

I love how they will curate mods when they can't even fix bugs and glaring issues in their own full priced games that have been rehashed, rereleased and pumped full of DLC for years.

What about the brown face bug and the many other oddities of the high res DLC? What about all of the issues the Unofficial patch fixes? What about all the things their last official patch broke or 'fixed'? And this is just for FO4. These are the people we're supposed to trust with curation?

We know how they operate from experience. We know this isn't for the modders, this is for their back pockets. Modders are going to get a pathetic fraction of what their work will bring in for Bethesda. Whether it be from sales that come directly from mods, or the amount of copies they sell of their full priced games as a result of mods being available.

I also find it incredibly interesting that they've announced it and explained it on their site, yet there are still so many obvious questions we need answers to.

The only way I could get behind this is if modders were at the forefront of it all, but they won't be.

And good luck with all of the licensing / theft / copyright issues. What a mess.

Edited by Coflash

Ill wait for more information: I would like to know the ratio of, how mutch money will modders get. (example: beth gets 20% from the payment, modder 80%)

I would also like to know how mutch will the credits cost?(example, you will pay for highly detailed follower mod 135 credits, which would cost 5€)

I would be happy to see weapon or armor packs mods (ex. weapon pack mod contains: variety of ebony items that you can craft and get in the world)

One thing that im afraid i wont see are tutorials, how to make a weapon, follower and so on. This way modders might more likely not share how they their stuff.

I also think this wont "kill the free mods", becouse there will be more people that make free mods, then these that get payed for them. Becouse payed mods will have to go trough longer process of accepted by Beth then free mods (hopefully)

There is too mutch we dont know about this system, so i get why are people freaking out about this. I will patiently wait for alpha or beta version and then make asumption.

According to beth modders will only get their lowest entry rate of a regular bethesda employee and nothing more so even if the modder see his mod selling like 5 millions copy he will only receive his 80$ check!

The irony is that the first attempt on steam was better for the modders even if they only let him 25% since now Bethesda is taking everything except a few crumbs for the modders.

Regarding tutorials sleep easy since i will soon start a youtube channel that will show how to make almost everything you can possibly think as a mod, i will cover weapons, armors, making follower, Nifskope beginner and advanced, custom player houses, animation etc.

they shouldnt release weapon packs etc those are mods,it should be used for making large expansion packs

Edited by alannexus

According to beth modders will only get their lowest entry rate of a regular bethesda employee and nothing more so even if the modder see his mod selling like 5 millions copy he will only receive his 80$ check!

The irony is that the first attempt on steam was better for the modders even if they only let him 25% since now Bethesda is taking everything except a few crumbs for the modders.

Regarding tutorials sleep easy since i will soon start a youtube channel that will show how to make almost everything you can possibly think as a mod, i will cover weapons, armors, making follower, Nifskope beginner and advanced, custom player houses, animation etc.

how do i port an animation mod

It depend on what kind of animations and what version of skyrim you are planning for, start here : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/?

It depend on what kind of animations and what version of skyrim you are planning for, start here : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970/?

skyrim special edtion xbox