Magic Menu Crash

Deleted3989288User

I have a strange bug and it seems to have happened right after I have learned a new shout.

I can't access the Magic Menu (in the 4 way selection in options), because then the game crashes. It's not the food effect bug because I didn't eat anything and I've rest/waited/traveled to no avail.

I did notice something peculiar earlier, I had 2 Ice forms in my shout selection :confused: One right on top of another.

Any help is appreciated!

I just got this today too. I never eat food in Skyrim because I just God Mode all the time, so the cause of this is a complete mystery to me. I have been modding a lot recently, so I've been looking over all the files for any explanation. This is really frustrating. I'll post any if I find anything that appears to fix it.

I am also having a similar problem. When I get to Mzulft for the Winterhold quest, I get an immediate CTD whenever I try to open my magic menu. Its definitely not the food-related glitch I've read about since I have not been eating any food with this character. I am using a lot of mods, but I'm pretty decent at resolving conflicts like this. But after a lot of testing, I've come up with nothing. I cannot figure out why I keep getting this very specific CTD. I hope someone smarter than me can figure this out, because not being able to access the magic menu is going to be very game breaking for the character I'm playing. HELP!

Guys, have you installed any magic mods, And then disabled them?

When you add custom spell to your magic list (learn new spell), and then disable mod which gave that spell, you might get crashes.

To prevent this, when going to disable magic mod:

in console, type:

help nameofthespellyouwanttoremove 4

You see list of items with same name, look for Spell.

Next to spell there is ID

Type in console:

Player.removespell Spellidhere

And you are done.

Unless something else is causing problem, but this is most typical problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...