Can Paid and Free Mods Coexist?

Fkemman11

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Bethesda's games, but their PR track record is terrible. Claiming these are not paid mods when they clearly are is insulting to the fan community. Pete Hines is once again showing is arrogance on Twitter.

Pete is just the mouthpiece for someone elses policy. He is a lot like a politician here..... making statements he knows to be false, but, couching it in phrases that make it seem true. Mincing terms on a grand scale.

He uses the same tactics to deny season pass holders what beth promised them as well. ALL future DLC they make. If someone wanted to get a class action suit together, they would have a high chance of winning......

He uses the same tactics to deny season pass holders what beth promised them as well. ALL future DLC they make. If someone wanted to get a class action suit together, they would have a high chance of winning......

I really doubt that a class action lawsuit would work at all. First, when you sign the Fallout 4 EULA you specifically agree that any issues you have will be negotiated via arbitration between you and Bethesda. Secondly, bringing any kind of lawsuit against Bethesda will never make financial sense, pretty much regardless of how much future CC content they release for Fallout 4 / Skyrim SE.

I emailed Bethesda and they told me when I asked this question:

" Hello, I purchased the Fallout 4 DLC season pass that entitled me to all future DLC. You are on record as saying the Creation Club content are not mods, but "mini-DLC", so why am I not getting the content for free as I purchased the DLC season pass? Sure, you say "mini-DLC", but size does not matter. All the current DLC's are all different sizes. It is still labeled as DLC"

Their response:

" Thank you for contacting Bethesda. Creation Club content does not fit into the "mod" category, nor are they DLC. We are trying something new "

That's all I got.

I asked for clarification and they never wrote me back.

:down:

Well if they aren't mods and they aren't dlc's..... then what the hell are they? This sounds a lot like what my uncle does for Exxon- which is to tell people during an oil- spill that oil is not harmful to the environment. He repeats this over and over and keeps a straight face some how. ZeniMax- which is Bethesda I think- has destroyed everyone's trust with their thinly veiled attempts at digging deeper into our wallets. The only man that can do anything to fix this is Robert A. Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. But he is not hearing anything because that is Pete's job. Oh, and Mr. Altman is a lawyer. Lawyers DO NOT PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!

Lawyers DO NOT PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!

You sure about that? VideoGameAttorney would like to have a word with you. That and I have several lawyer friends who also play videogames.

Well ok. But clearly the man making decisions is out of touch with the modding community. That or he just doesn't care. The thing is that ZeniMax is not that big a company. About 200 employees from what I read. So this isn't a case of one department not knowing what another is doing. Or is there something else I'm not seeing here?

Well ok. But clearly the man making decisions is out of touch with the modding community. That or he just doesn't care. The thing is that ZeniMax is not that big a company. About 200 employees from what I read. So this isn't a case of one department not knowing what another is doing. Or is there something else I'm not seeing here?

Try 1,500+ employees. If you're going to knock someone or even a whole company, at least do some research. Edited by Reneer

@ Reneer

Yeah off on the numbers too. At least I will admit when I screw up. Am I wrong about these being paid somethings as well? Not mods that seem very similar to the free mods here. And why can't I lie or exaggerate? Doesn't seem to bother Beth/Zen!! These aren't mods. These aren't dlc. These are "new". These certainly are paid for by the consumer- whatever the hell they are. Why do you think what they are doing is on the up? Many people are upset with the CC's very existence- much less the way it was implemented. They see the end of free modding. What do you see?