Skyrim 1.4 patch CTD

steve222345

Was having problems with CTD with my mods after applying the 1.4 patch. Then I try removing all my mods CBBE bodies, Skyrim HD, JaySuS Swords, 1H Warhammers, DaedricMask, Proudspire Manor.

Did a clean wipe of my SteamApps/common/Skyrim. Then re-install using my backup copy.

Then after I decided to just use 2 mods JaySuS Swords and DaedricMask.

My game run fine for about 4 hours without any CTD then I had to go back to Dragonsreach in Whiterun. After existing Dragonsreach, I CTD with no error.

Now every time I try to load my save I CTD. So I try an earlier save and got it working again. Then I got to see purple or "missing" texture.

Then my game just randomly CTD whenever it just decides that I'm playing for too long. What gives? Am I the only one having this problem? What with all the CTD, I'm really better off playing Skyrim 1.0..

P.S

I tried SKSE 1.04.10 and replacing my .ini files with the ones I got when I clean install skyrim but doesn't help with all the random CTD.

I'm not really sure how any of the mods you mentioned could cause CTDs. Unless your computer runs out of memory. But that would prolly happen before 1.4 as well.

I had CTDs too, but it went away after reinstalling SKSE, SD and SkyUI completly, so it was one of those for me, prolly got "damaged" during the patch. Also not that the performance boosters like SkyBoost don't really work anymore.

I guess you can't loose anything by letting Steam check integrity too. At the end, you could try uninstalling (+ manual delete of all folders) and reinstalling skyrim. Again.

Worst case - The random (trully random, not tied to any mods) CTDs which plagues thousands of people since the launch finally got to you.

At one point I also got stuck on crash while exiting Dragonsreach... I deleted the save (ingame) and when I restarted the game the save wasthere again and working. But I don't really recomment trying that at home :D

Perhaps it is STEAM's fault. I have 30+ non-steam games on my computer, all running flawlessly. I have 12 steam games 5 of which will not run due to their helpful automatic updates. After nearly 9 hours of "work" including 5 hours online at STEAM's slow "verify" rates, I found out why British Rail abolished STEAm in August 1968 as being 2 sllllooooowww. (pun intended). As I have a very small monthly bandwidth I turned off automatic updates on all my games, I play offline, I have problem, ask steam support for assistance, follow their instructions, "delete steam folder apart from steam.exe and steam app common folder and activate steam.exe", "verify",still can not f****ing play Skyrim, 2GB used NO RESULT!!!! Gimme a disc. To paraphase the Great Bard "A DISK! A DISK! My Kingdom for A DISK!" or at least an independent download, just like the good old days, when you had complete control over your computer!!! ( reinstalled Gothic 3 plus various dls played 2+ hours while steam done this, classic fantasy roleplaying)

Well I was having A LOT (and by a lot I mean the CTD was so bad that every 2 mins I was crashing and most of my saves would become useless, CTD, load game, crash at loading screen without even the save game loaded) but I found out it was caused by CBBA Calientes Female Body Mod.

After removing that mod and manually deleting all files in SteamApps/common/Skyrim, I only have 2 mods installed now. Jay swords and DaedricMask.

After that my game runs fine but after some time, the CTD just comes back (just more random and less in frequence).

Purple textures are turning up more and more often (after only 1 hour of playing) and I also notice the random CTD will be not far after I start seeing the purple.

I have also checked verify integrity of game cache, nothing wrong there.

Yes I have notice a couple of my saves got crashed when I exist from Dragonsreach. The game just lets me load up the game (with me standing in front of the exit) then 2 secs later CTD. Any attempt to load that save later will result in CTD STRAIGHT after loading that save.

If you've got purple textures, and if they showed up after activating the new official hi res textures, try to find a texture pack (that you like the look of) on the Nexus to replace the ones that turned purple.

- OR -

De-activate the official hi res texture packs

Purple = missing textures (as far as I can tell.)

As for the crashes, I wish I had answers 'cause I'm gettin the same thing.

The crashes are getting annoying. Always I'll be playing fine then I decide to fast travel to a place.

After confirming yes I will travel to there on the world map, I CTD during loading.

Tried re-starting the game and load the save BEFORE the fast travel.

Tried fast traveling to the same place again and get the same result CTD.

Later I found a way around by fast traveling to another area first then the place I intended to go in the first place...

I feel like playing the beta version of Skyrim -.-"

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the very same problems, and i want to cause physical harm to someone... i just picked up a XFX 7970 Blk Ed. thinking i would rock skyrim silly on some crazy settings, and now i can't play my damn game. i think i'm gonna reinstall morrowind and play that... at least i can play it...

With each patch the game becomes more and more unplayable for me, and its getting really old.

hopefully we can figure this out soon.

*SIGH* :wallbash:

Honestly this is causing me to lose all enjoyment for skyrim. Ever since 1.4 i just cannot play without annoying purple textures on clothes/hair or CONSTANT (and i mean like every couple mins) CTD. Unplayable. No idea what to do.

How do I de-activate the official Hi-Res Texture Pack?

Thank you

Edited by Atreyuu2003