The Dark Faces bug : How to fix it?

Alzender

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have a personal mod where I changed hundreds of NPC faces, hair, gear, etc. When I ported it over to SSE, all of them had the black face bug. I didn't understand why, because from my reading it said all you have to do is load the plugin, make one small change and hit save. The CK, I understood, would properly export all these faces. I read there was no need to fo ctrl-f4 anymore because it was automated. I almost gave up on porting my own mod, but then in a hunch I went through each of the hundreds of NPCs I changed, highlighted them, then did the ctrl-f$ thing. Sure enough, the black faces were fixed. Since then I've gone into that plugin several times to make small adjustments (not to faces, which would require that I ctrl-f4 them again, but to outfits and weapons). Each time, the CK does it's thing, creating some sort of face files (I'm wondering if there's an option in CreationKit.ini to stop that?) but happily that doesn't mess up the faces in game. My one time ctrl-f4 function solved the problem.

You are a legend!! a monument should be erected in your honor for the best, simplest, easiest way to fix this! THANK YOU!!

Edited by sentay20

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I

Did you find a fix?

t's a generic character. I can't seem to find her anywhere, she and all her class are not present in the default skyrim esp but she's a vagrant, that is standard. It doesn't have a special number at the start of its base code