A Neverwinter Nights 2 Nexus?

casadechrisso

I'm going to chime in with Mokah, when I started modding in NWN1, and eventually in NWN2 some 7 or more years ago, I was amazed at the community effort that was constantly poured into the game, its development, tutorials, content and game play, and so much more. Even today, the game is still being added to in so many ways that they cannot, in all reality, be mentioned here in its entirety. Show me another game that has done that...

I think that, although the vault has been an amazing repository for years now, we, as a community, need to start thinking of where we want to go with NWN 1&2, and all the content we have developed and used of the years. Nexus, has drive, it has ppl and it offers opportunity. Even if we are simply talking about a copy of the vault, one thing I have learnt in years of modding is "you can never have too many copies".

Erik.

I think the biggest thing to understand is the differencebetween the modding being done for NWN 1&2 and that of other games. For games like TES, or DA you see a lot ofmodding being done that add to the core game and not a lot of modding that addnew adventures that are separate from the original SP games.

With the NWN series of games, the modding community took theopposite approch and spent the lion share of their time modding with new,separate adventures that do not depend on the original campaign. Most of the custom content created for theNWN games was created, not for use in the original campaigns, but for use innew, user made adventures.

The main affect of this is you have a large, thriving PWcommunity, as well as several enormous SP module projects in progress. These generally take longer so you see lesserfile traffic, but this does not mean that there isn't anything going on

As far as community, these boards, and the IRC chat are itas far as discussion boards, which is pretty much the fault of the gamecompanies that produced the NWN games. Bioware got absorbed by EA and then they wrecked the community forums,so a ton of the community jumped ship and never found their way here. The NWVault forums have always been a havenfor spammers and trolls and no real community effort surfaced there.

A nexus site for NWN 1&2 would be a great boon for thecommunity and would allow people to see what is really going on...which is a lot for such an old game series.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see now, NWN/NWN2 "hak" folder: 960MB... :whistling:

12.0 GB, NWN2 only.

n00b! :biggrin:

Nahhh, just n00b rig. Didn't copy everything over. :thumbsup:

(Probably still got it all on the external back-up drive though... :mellow: )

Someone poke Dark0ne with a stick or offer him a twinkie or something if he will do this. I'll be back here..erm..supervising....yeah that's it. >.>

I added a TB drive to my building machine if that is any indication of content...I think Jabberwocky is 500mg and that's just the mod...that doesn't include the campaign folder or the hak packs. And that is just my current project. The amount of stuff that NWN has produced over the years is staggering. I'm shocked there wasn't a NWN Nexus already.

Someone poke Dark0ne with a stick or offer him a twinkie or something if he will do this. I'll be back here..erm..supervising....yeah that's it. >.>

Nexus is already my absolute favorite website (I'm not bootlicking!), and if a Neverwinter Nexus were added...well...I'd just be beside myself! :woot:

It's sad that Maximus didn't participate directly in the discussion too, to get an idea why some people would like this.

I would guess Maximus would not be participating in the discussion since he works for IGN in some capacity, and a Nexus would compete.

/Kamal the nwn2 modder