A Neverwinter Nights 2 Nexus?

casadechrisso

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NWN1 was probably one of the most played games when I started at uni some 8 or so years ago. If I have to replay that prison section from the the first act one more time I think I would kill myself.

I played and completed NWN2, but for some reason the NWN games make me feel extremely lonely. A lot like Icewind Dale did before that. I think it's because there's so few NPCs!

Errrrm, I believe I played all the expansions for NWN until the expansion that was basically a multi-layered dungeon full of traps and puzzles. I don't like traps and puzzles. I'm not a puzzle person. I think that was the Underdark expansion. Anything after that for NWN I didn't play. Similarly, I never played any of the persistent world modules, which is a shame, as I hear they were second to none in the world of mods.

Yeah, MotB went with NWN2...it was the continuation of the Knight Captain story. Storm of Zehir came afterwards, but it couldn't hold a candle to MotB.

I have to admit, Hordes of the Underdark was annoying with that maze dungeon. I died a lot in there. :ermm:

Similarly, I never played any of the persistent world modules, which is a shame, as I hear they were second to none in the world of mods.

Persistent worlds are one of the main reasons NWN1 and NWN2 are still alive and kicking after so long, no other game gives you the option to basically make and host your own little MMO and a world exactly shaped to your dreams. The other reason (and main difference to the Beth games) are the modules that are completely seperate to the main game. Many of these are very professional and have a better quality than the official campaigns. I only played the main NWN2 campaign once, never finished the expansions, but have been roleplaying online and working on my own module for years.

Yeah, MotB went with NWN2...it was the continuation of the Knight Captain story. Storm of Zehir came afterwards, but it couldn't hold a candle to MotB.

I have to admit, Hordes of the Underdark was annoying with that maze dungeon. I died a lot in there. :ermm:

SoZ was designed mainly for the builder community and added features that MotB can't hold a candle too...storywise, sure, MotB is better. Gameplay? I'd take SoZ any day.