What are your top 5 must have mods?

SergeantGrrock

1: SkyUI

2: Categorized Favorites Menu

3: HiRes Legible Road signs

4: A Quality World Map - With Roads

5: BraveDog's Skyrim Character Helper

I use HD-2K LITE textures, and a few other things, but they don't really contribute to the "make-or-break" notion. The five I have listed shouldn't even HAVE to be mods (I'm looking at YOU, Bethesda). Honestly though, I'd much rather have a true drag-and-drop menu system with graphics that don't look like they came from some futuristic sci-fi movie. Seriously? Grey-and-black menus?! In a sword'n'sorcery RPG?!? Might as well have aliens wander around beeping at you too.....oh, wait...

Edited by digitaltrucker

In no particular order

1. SkyUI

2. Wars in Skyrim

3. Deadly Dragons

4. Jaysus, Third Era, or some type of weapon addition

5. Some yet to emerge Magic Overhaul mod

For number 5 I'm waiting for an all in one magic scaling, spells from oblivion/morrowind, reperked mod. I see some promising ones around but am waiting for the real "winner" to emerge.

I'm surprised how many people have textures and such in the top 5. I'll take gameplay over looks any day, but then again I would probably feel differently if my computer could handle the HQ textures and crazy ENB.

1. Dohvakin Hideout

2. CBBE - :teehee:

3. Midas Magic

4. Various Armor replacers

5. Weightless ore & ingrediant hack.

I have not delved into the major texture portion yet. I do not mind how the game looks for the present time. I am sure I will be trying out the FXAA and other things very soon.

• SKYUI (couldn't do without it)
  • Better Sorting (makes dealing with inventory a LOT easier)
  • Deadly Dragons (dragons should be feared)
  • Realistic Lighting with Customization (a dramatic improvement in how the game looks without suffering an FPS hit)
  • Realistic Water Textures (makes a noticeable improvement)

There are a number of other mods that really make a difference for me, but the 5 above are my "must have's". Special mention for the next 5:

• Categorized Favorites Menu (a superior enhancement to the favorites menu)
  • A Quality World Map - With Roads (I only use the main roads option, but even that greatly aids my travel plans)
  • Shadow Striping Fix (fixes a real nuisance)
  • Complete Crafting Overhaul (and related mods, to fix the naming and logic errors in crafting)
  • Wars in Skyrim (for an extra dab of unpredictability and difficulty)

H.

Edited by Hurmferd

4. dual wield sprint animation replacer (with swords and magic in one mod if I could find one otherwise just dual wield weapons)

5. Categorized favorites menu

Is #4 this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1987 ? I was hoping it was first person...

And I agree with #5, so helpful! And Jaysus Swords!

This is the one I have that's why I listed it. No one sprints like in the original game that was stupid