Lockpicking is useless?

wukong80

Are there really any experienced players still wasting skill points in lockpicking perks honestly?

I find myself this being totally useless as I don't see the necessity for any of these perks and I do open a lot of doors with lockpicking.

I never once stuck points in lockpicking. Never understood why some people do. There are many Mod saves that came out that I would download as my character for an alternative beginning, I had this one save that had around six perks in Lockpicking, and the Inventory was full of all kinds of junk, Several different animal pelts, Tripples of armor types and weapons, Burned books, and several readable books....Huh, why would someone accumulate so much useless junk in their inventory?

I never once stuck points in lockpicking. Never understood why some people do. There are many Mod saves that came out that I would download as my character for an alternative beginning, I had this one save that had around six perks in Lockpicking, and the Inventory was full of all kinds of junk, Several different animal pelts, Tripples of armor types and weapons, Burned books, and several readable books....Huh, why would someone accumulate so much useless junk in their inventory?

To punish people who download saves instead of playing through themselves ;)

Well it's good to see many people sharing the same thought.

To some extend I think pickpocket is also a waste. IMO there should be only one perk tree called something like stealth and it should regroup sneaking, pickpocketing and lockpicking perks.

I don't know if anyone as done anything like this as a mod, but that would be a great idea.