Bad rendered trees far away

Vhelium

Is it normal, that trees are that ugly?

I added a file to the attachement.

Currently im only using the HD Textures DLC as graphics improvement.

All settings are on Ultra and renderdistances are all maxed.

Is there any setting or mod to fix this?

Performance should not be a problem, Im using the Sapphire 7970 ^.^

Greez Vhelium

Edit your ini a ton.

ignore the 'dlc hd pack' and get the skyrim 2k HD pack instead ( along with others like the sky and fire and water textures )

i would say tweak out the Nvidia control panel but you don't use that as you are an ati/amd person so use their counterpart.

when the game is fully tweaked to it's max it is so pretty and good looking!

P.S. if you can handle it tweak out your ugrids, i run at 11 with everything tweaked and modded just fine, but i got awesome hardware+overclocked like crazy.

I think there's something else going on here besides just lack of .ini tweaks. I use pretty modest settings (my pc isn't that great) and my distant trees still look better than that. A texture problem perhaps? Looks like some of the green Fir trees are rendering better than the other more yellow/brown trees. Did it always look like that?

I think there's something else going on here besides just lack of .ini tweaks. I use pretty modest settings (my pc isn't that great) and my distant trees still look better than that. A texture problem perhaps? Looks like some of the green Fir trees are rendering better than the other more yellow/brown trees. Did it always look like that?

Yep, always the same at far distances..

If you do a search in the forums there's probably a few threads about increasing visual quality. Check out what PsYchotic666Joker said about the ini settings and so forth. There's plenty of detailed instructions on changing those settings around. Just take your time and make backups!

I'll have to look at my distant trees again I really didn't think they looked like that... though come to think it I do have the bushy trees mod maybe that made a difference.

Greez Vhelium

It's not your hardware at all. Or your rendering distance. It's none of that. It's simply the fact that it is extremely low resolution LOD that is extremely ugly for this to be a 2011 game. Now, griping out of the way, lucky for you you are a pc gamer because there is a mod to fix that AND the LOD of terrain that is terrible and low res as well.

Here are the mods: Improved Tree LOD

High Quality LOD for terrain

I hope that some of this helps you out and is what you were looking for.

-Elsarian

Greez Vhelium

It's not your hardware at all. Or your rendering distance. It's none of that. It's simply the fact that it is extremely low resolution LOD that is extremely ugly for this to be a 2011 game. Now, griping out of the way, lucky for you you are a pc gamer because there is a mod to fix that AND the LOD of terrain that is terrible and low res as well.

Here are the mods: Improved Tree LOD

High Quality LOD for terrain

I hope that some of this helps you out and is what you were looking for.

-Elsarian

Exactly. This is not a bug, it's just Skyrim.

That's a good mod that Elsarian listed, but you could also try this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=194

Increasing your ugrids will help as well, but unlike the guy above, it's safer to go with 7 or 9 for most people. There's less of a chance of overrunning your card's bandwidth that way.

• 4 years later...

Greez Vhelium

In 2016 pro modders simply generate LOD for their load order with tools like TES5LODGen or DynDOLO

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061264377/screenshot/263836428695952493

The trees in the middle of that screenshot do you guys have any idea what that could be?

Wrong tree LOD texture atlas for the installed tree LOD. Just generate tree LOD with TES5LODGen or DynDOLO