Dragons never attack cities

jordanLoL

On multiple saves I have never had a dragon attack a city or small settlement. I encounter plenty of dragons elsewhere in the wilderness though.

I have even tried to force the game to spawn a dragon by fast traveling to every city for 10 straight minutes. Still, no dragons attack.

It is kind of weird that everyone in Skyrim are fearful of dragons attacking major cities when it never actually happens. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've only seen dragons attack Morthal and Winterhold. I've only played from Skyrim twice but on both occasions a dragon would attack Winterhold the first time I visited the place (although never again after that).

Morthal can have dragons attacking it at random times though.

Now that I think about it I think Rorikstead was also under dragon attack the first time I visited that town.

And I also remember a dragon harrasing the docks at Riften once as well.

On multiple saves I have never had a dragon attack a city or small settlement. I encounter plenty of dragons elsewhere in the wilderness though.

I have even tried to force the game to spawn a dragon by fast traveling to every city for 10 straight minutes. Still, no dragons attack.

It is kind of weird that everyone in Skyrim are fearful of dragons attacking major cities when it never actually happens. Does anyone else have this problem?

You're just a rare case, I've had it happen a lot. First time I went to Markarth, twice in Whiterun, Rorikstead, just outside Riften(not inside though), and found a glitched dead one in Solitude.

Fast travel doesn't force dragons. Not from my experiecne.

I regularly get a dragon attack whenever I fast-travel to Morthal or Dawnstar. I've had a couple of attacks in Riverwood, one in Falkreath, one in Winterhold, many outside Riften (stables or docks), one outside Solitude, and a named dragon attacking Rurikstead. The only towns where I have never had an attack so far have been Winterhelm and Markarth. I have only had one attack that actually took place inside one of the walled towns (Solitude) instead of areas just outside the walls. Overall, though, it appears that dragon attacks are possible anywhere at any time.

Wow, thats all they seem to do in my games.

Riverwood, check

Windhelm, check - they ambush me at the stables

Solitude, check - they actually land in the market area

Rorikstead, check

Iverstead, check

About the only place I can't remember a dragon ever attacking me is Falkreath, but then again I rarely ever go there anyway.

Most walled towns simply don't have enough open space for them to land. There is nowhere they could possibly land inside Riften unless it was on a house.

I remember one time where I whittled a dragon down to a sliver of life and he packed up and left in Windhelm. He landed on top of the White Phial and I ran out of ammo (archer). Man was i pissed.