The Siege Part 2

The Mantis

Vidar lay in the infirmary, he was asleep. His body worked furiously to replenish all the blood he lost. While asleep his mind wander endlessly on the highways of memory. The face of his beautiful Svafa kept appearing in his mind. Suddenly he sits up straight, wide awake. Vidar gets up still weak from the bloodloss. A surgeon yelled, "Lay down, your not well enough to get up yet!" Vidar waves him off and grabs a health potion. With a swig he leaves the infirmary. As he walked the corridors he finally noticed that they didn't have time to remove his armor. Vidar thought the infirmary must have been very busy for them not to do that.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laraine thought carefully.

"It is a good plan. You must have orderly men under your command to instruct an evacuation successfully. We don't need half the mothers running back inside to retrieve their lost children. How far will the blast reach? The remaining towns are scattered and lay in the open. Thus I suggest it may be safer to seek refuge in a ruin I suggest. A daedric one perhaps. I understand the madness of the proposition, but that very maddness makes me think that it will succeed. They are enclosed places, they continue deep into the earth. We will not be disturbed there."

The deadra's home is their ruins. We would enter their hunting grounds. It would be suicide. I was thinking that since they cannot swim far we should go to an island. It is small and uninhabited. It lies in the sea of ghosts. One of the men here has a ship he can take us there. We could raid the destroyed towns and gather supplies to build a new town on the island.

"Hmm but I doubt you would annhilate ALL of the invading army. Hunters would remain. And they would be driven with vile rage. They would not rest untill they strangled us with our own entrails. Would it not be prudent to lie low for a while, sending scouts to survey, or for supplies?"

Laraine smiled. She began to picture the refugees racing madly to the shores where the boats and salvation lay, a horde of daedra running after them.

"A good idea. It will be vital to keep the men and mer together , so that none get seperated, or stray, or decide to stand and fight."

"Imperial architecture is practical, sturdy, and easy to built. I agree with your choice. The name should reflect the hope and defiance of the people. Not being a sun-child and having entirely different priorities from them, I don't think I would be much good at coming up with one. My kin and I prefer names that fill us with the thrill of terror each time we hear it. Allows us to beleive we can still feel."

Archived