nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bodyslide tool gives me the option to replicate other body styles. CBBE is just more flexible. I can put non-jiggle on heavy armor sets, I can make slim bodies, I can tweak each armor mesh to look right. I can add push up where there would be.. or gravity where it would be obvious.

I have armor sets that need nipples flattened to look right.

For example.. my Tavern clothes have a lot more pushup, cleavage and bounce than other clothes. Using CBBE and bodyslide I can have a large range of bodytypes depending on clothes/armor worn. Granted, if naked everyone has the same body, but I rarely have full naked in my game.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

I think textures and normal maps > body type, and UNP >= CBBE. I think the biggest negative of CBBE is having so many options. With all the literally thousands of hours I've spent messing with Skyrim's .ini files, modifying load orders, running skyproc patchers, cleaning plugins, making bashed patches, and playing in the CK or nifskope or Blender... I have no motivation to add bodyslide to the mix. It's nice to get a little time in the game now and then instead of using all my time getting the game ready to play. :laugh:

• 4 months later...

For me I prefer the UNP body design. It's partially because I prefer the overall shape, but also because it's closer to Vanilla than CBBE in overall dimensions and in the UV mapping. Almost every piece of armour and clothing in my game is modified to some extent, but I don't have a high end PC, so many of the edits are simply adding a body to a mesh in nifskope, then using the alpha property to remove certain parts (like my very old "Skirtless Male Armour" mods)

This works best with UNP as it fits the vanilla meshes and UV's better than CBBE. Things like navels, nipples, groin and butt seems are less noticeable with UNP + Vanilla than CBBE snd many Vanilla meshes will fit a UNP body without any modification needed,. but sadly in the past the available content for CBBE has far outstripped the content for UNP. It's also true that CBBE is a less resource hungry mesh, due to it's lower poly count. As I said I don't have a high end machine by any stretch, so every kb of memory I can save is an advantage.

The content disparity is less of an issue, now that we have the truly wonderful tool called Outfit Studio. ( I wish we could Endorse a file more than once) It's allowed me to use some originally CBBE only mods with my preferred UNP body type.

The biggest problem I have is something that even the creators of Body Slide and OS have alluded to, and that is the stupidly complicated cacophony of skeletons and add-ons for bodies. All the B's, P's BP's ,WTF's, and so on that make trying to download the right version of a mod a bit of a PITA. I just wish modders would at least try and use certain rules such as - Always use the original UV map if making a body or armour alteration to a Vanilla asset. - Use the Vanilla Skeleton if at all possible so as to maintain compatibility between modded and non-modded meshes in the game. - Optimize your mod! = Not everyone has a high end gaming rig!

There are several mods on the Nexus that I will never use simply because they are stupidly and pointlessly overly large mesh files. A perfect example of this is the Snow White Crown mod. It's gorgeous, no question, and I'd like t use it, however the mesh is so large you could render an entire town the size of Solitude, including all NPC's with the same amount of memory that one tiny crown uses! Another good example is Sky Heels, another completely un-optimised mesh.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how this happened and "m afraid to do anything to try and figure it out because I 188 mods active and working on skyrim without a single lag, bug, or mess up on this very small desktop. But anyway to get back to the point, what I don't know is how I am using both CBBE, and, UNP.

IF SOMEONE DARES TO TRY AND FIGURE OUT HOW THE HELL IT HAPPEND (and have enough storage to do so) WILL BECOME A F***KN MILIONARE!!!!!

I also forgot to tell you I have other body mods that work in tangent such as MCBM

and many more.

IF ANY ONE FIGURES OUT HOW THIS WORKS PLEASE

TELL MEEE!!!

Edited by Anime32345

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the Bodyslide mod page, it mentions UUNP (Unified UNP). I get that this somehow means that all UNP mods are somehow brought together as one, but I do not know what this means because I wasn't even aware that there was an un-unified UNP. So what does this mean, and how does it affect the game. Does it change whether CBBE or UNP is better? What does UNP stand for anyway? I know what CBBE stands for.

Also, has anyone tested to see whether CBBE or UNP is better in terms of frame rates?

On the Bodyslide mod page, it mentions UUNP (Unified UNP). I get that this somehow means that all UNP mods are somehow brought together as one, but I do not know what this means because I wasn't even aware that there was an un-unified UNP. So what does this mean, and how does it affect the game.

UUNP is a type of BodySlide that uses UNP-based meshes/textures instead of the original CBBE ones, and also has 'full body' sliders for the many, many different UNP-based bodies (the 60 or so made by UNP fans who wanted the variation CBBE had for ages). It was originally on a different site, but Ousnius decided to combine UUNP and BodySlide on a single page, although he does somewhat regret doing so now.

Does it change whether CBBE or UNP is better?

Neither and both. Personal opinion is what defines what is 'better', and as the poll shows, the two are rather close, although if you compare downloads and endorsements and the like, one has almost double that of the other.

As far as I'm concerned, CBBE has and will always be 'better', due to the natural appearance of even the default bodies, the photorealistic textures, great customisability, and continued ongoing support.

What does UNP stand for anyway?

'Unpretend', according to the mod page.

Also, has anyone tested to see whether CBBE or UNP is better in terms of frame rates?

CBBE has less polys, and allows you to install textures that range from 'ultra' (2-4k uncompressed) to 'low' (1-2k compressed). So, it's better in terms of framerates.

• 2 weeks later...

CBBE for me, 90% of the reason, more armor selection. Though I do like a few of the UNP more muscled mods, only slightly more than what CBBE has out to date. I do like most of what I see on both though, including if I remember correctly SeverBase10 I think it's called. At least for the elvish characters. Of course this is only one persons opinion.