CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think now it seems pretty even now. There are patches for both (if armor is made for one type such as UNP, some were converted for CBBE or have options for both), body sliders, textures, etc....and if the armor doesn't show too much skin, it usually work with both it seems. I mainly stuck with UNP due to some mods requiring it though now it seems like less of an issue as most have options; but decided to give CBBE a chance to try something new.

The biggest issue I had for quite awhile was the seam problem with textures (usually mods that has to do with makeup or changes the face) and some armor didn't look quite right due to certain issues with the breast but didn't want to give it up as I used it for a specific character I made, so I switched.

Edit-I tried using CBBE with bodyslide but ended up switching back to UNP for good but using some CBBE bodyslide presets to make it look similar. The biggest issue was this weird hand gap that seemed to get worse when trying different gloves and clothing (there were some mods for the gaps; but did nothing to fix it) and some clothing seem to be invisible when wearing it (mainly pants and skirts) despite using the bodyslide to build the clothing. UNP version doesn't seem to have that issue, so it usually works out well. I found better texture mods so that fixed up a lot of the problems and just easier to work with overall. So UNP gets my vote.

More mods that works with it, less gap issues, works with bodyslide now with more options, etc...just a win-win situation; but wanted to give them both a fair chance to have a full opinion.

Edited by DesertDancer

• 5 months later...

CBBE because it was easier back when i first started modding but now ive come to like it, with all the mods i have skyrim has become a land of perversion so CBBE fits right in

i threw realistic anatomy as a consideration out of the window long ago

• 2 weeks later...

CBBE has been around for a long time. Improved on and fully supported. Then out of the blue came UUNP. Basically just a blatant copy of someone else's work with a different skin.

Truth is with the bodyslide you can create any shape you like and you can always create different skins. The split to the two "styles" did nothing but set up a ton incompatible items.

Edited by NexusComa

• 9 months later...