CBBE vs. UNP

nightrox1

CBBE or UNP  

3967 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Again, I cannot see the point. So, it is the vanilla body (essentially), just without the underwear? Considering I always wear armour or robes, I may as well just continue with the vanilla body. I love to install mods (I regularly ran 200-250 in Oblivion --- I have mod addiction), but only if they add value in some manner. Better Night Skies? Fantastic! The current body mods? Meh.

the main reason I changed is, when I was trying out the mod, turning it on and off, I noticed with the default vanilla body when you crouch, you can sorta see through the parts connecting the waist and underwear (and also for both legs) so that bugged me

I'm picking CBBE because of user friendly-ness (the readily available nevernude choice)+ Nexus Mod Manager support as well as the body slider, neck seam fix, and the promise of a vanilla armor conversion for it later down the line, although I do kind of agree about the breasts being kinda funny ("unrealistic") but it's not a big enough of a deal for me

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cal body looks like it has breast implants and silicone injections in the butt .. I mean .. lots of women out there have junk in the trunk .. But the breasts really erk me :ermm: They are way to round and pushed up .. Like there is some invisible bra there.

Edit: Also the UV maps under the breasts mess up a few armors.. UNP has a messed up crotch but none of the armor "that I use ~_~;" show the crotch anyways.

Not going to read everyone's opinion on this just because I'm sure I'll see arguing and points I don't agree with :rolleyes:

Edited by jedimembrain

Personally I'm using CBBE, but I haven't used UNP. I'm thinking of switching to UNP, but it is the whole ordeal with armor mods that I stick with CBBE. It's great that a lot of mods have versions for both (thanks mod makers for this), but there are still some armor mods that are UNP specific that I would like to get a hold of. I'm using "Killer Keos Skimpy CBBE V2 Armor Set -Work In Progress-" for the vanilla armor conversions, but some of them are awful, steel armor and daedric to be more specific. Luckily there are other mods out there for daedric, but I haven't found one I like for steel armor yet.

Both are good, but I find UNP a little more realistic. I just wish there were as many armor options for UPN as there CBBE. I think CBBE was released first and a lot of modders started making armors for it that is why there are more CBBE armors right now. Hopefully we'll more armors released for UNP.

I'm currently using CBBE but it is mainly because i do have a lot more customization with the body slider. So my game doesn't have the melons it actually has smaller than the standard CBBE but not as small as the slim (which starts to look realistic, but still not as realistic as UNP). Also, regarding the barbie doll textures on it...I do not use the default CBBE textures that come with that mod, there's another high res texture replacer for CBBE which looks much better imo.

The only way i can see myself switching to UNP would be if Killer Keos replacer went UNP and UNP had a body slider.

EDIT: Taking another look at UNP i see soemthing mentioned about a body slider in the pics but can't find it in the mod description, can someone confirm if a slider exists for UNP?

Edited by wachant

• 3 weeks later...

I started using CBBE then after looking at some of the screen captures of the UNP I downloaded it and have been using it. The details are what got me to start using it. I have found some good armor mods and there are more every day.

I also use Sporty UNP - Athletic muscle map as I think anyone that is living in the real Skyrim environment would have to be fit.

I used to use CBBE Skinny as it was pretty close to the Vanilla Body (which really wasn't THAT bad) just tidied up a bit, however most of the mods that were coming out seemed to want to use the oversized breasts version. Now I like my girls to look full figured, so I always have the weight slider set to 90 <->100 but with these mods it looks ridiculous, the poor girl looks like she's about to fall on her face from all the weight!

So I switched to UNP and I prefer the shape and curves of that body at max slider ... There is now also a really excellent package available for UNP, basically some is going through an "breaking apart" various armour's and clothes so you can mix and match skirts/shirts/pants etc ... Great idea

Just to throw spanner in the works (and I guess go slightly off topic) but there is a new body by arison_c which actually looks REALLY promising, He (she?) is still working on getting the UV map and textures to match Vanilla but that looks like it could be a great alternative.

• 2 weeks later...