Making a passive ability that changes creature aggression?

wolfinthesheep

As the title says, I'm interested in creating a passive ability (emphasis on passive) that would make certain creatures less hostile towards me. For example, a druid type character could have good disposition with all wildlife animals.

I know mods like Passive Wildlife exist, but those are global changes that just change the base settings of creatures. I'm trying to make something that won't effect every character I make.

You could silently add the player character to the Creatures faction and all animals will no longer be aggressive to the player. If you want, you could also add a dummy ability if you want the player to see some sort of stat or change when they look in the journal.

One of the side effects of the mod NPCs Yield by kuertee is that animals respond to your character based on a relationship between your health and their derived stats (kuertee would need to explain how it works). What happens is that as you level more and more creatures run when they see you rather than attack (nothing will ever make the sight of a mud crab trying to scuttle away get old). Those that will still attack break off their attack once you damage them to the point that triggers their flee behavior.

It's a tiny mod (size wise), is simple to install and completely configurable via a well documented ini file (and included readme) ... give it a try.

I know it's possible, but I guess it has certain mechanics and some issues.

OOO is supposed to have this as part of the "Dread Armor" quest, as one of the rewards. But it only seems to work part of the time. I know all wildlife and even spriggans are supposed to turn friendly, but they still often attack anyway.