News sites report BaldursGate.com is back up and something is stiring

galenwolf

So I just heard some news....

BaldursGate.com is back online with a new (old) shiny high rez Baldurs Gate Logo with the theme blasting out.

It has been reported on Escapist Magazine as well as on Kotaku.

gamebanshee.com has also reported that the people over at Beamdog confirmed it isn't anything to do with the steam release of the BG series.

When looking at the source code the following appears:

<!-- February 28, 2012 -->

<!-- Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine -->

<!-- For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. -->

<!-- And then... it returned. Better than it was before. -->

<!-- Pore over the tapestries and works of art hanging from our walls if you wish, Child of Bhaal... perhaps you will find a clue. But patience, ah... patience would reveal it all. -->

<!-- As the silver moon waxes and wanes, so too does life. -->

This was me when I saw it: :psyduck:

I'm hoping for a HD remake.

I never really played Baldur's Gate. I tried to play it about a year ago but I just can't. The resolution was just so terrible I just couldn't immerse myself. I am really looking forward to this because I loved Icewind Dale back in the day; and they don't make games like this any more!

let's see here

A suppost new baldur's gate game with these strange updates!

Mechwarrior Online Awesome Teaser + Paul and garth trolling about a x1 match on beta using lots of mechs

Then a megaleak about a new Sim City game

GCD this year is gonna be a hell of a show! :biggrin:

I never really played Baldur's Gate. I tried to play it about a year ago but I just can't. The resolution was just so terrible I just couldn't immerse myself. I am really looking forward to this because I loved Icewind Dale back in the day; and they don't make games like this any more!

Did you try to use TUTO? (assuming that you have BG2). The resolution for the unmodded BG1 is indeed horrible by todays standards, but the graphics in BG2 is managable imo.

Did you try to use TUTO? (assuming that you have BG2). The resolution for the unmodded BG1 is indeed horrible by todays standards, but the graphics in BG2 is managable imo.

I was just about to mention that.

There is also one for Planescape Torment (goes looks it up)

Ah I found something better The GoG Planescape Mods Guide. I think I'm going to play that one again. It is still the best RPG (story wise) I have ever played.