Would you go to Skyrim?

todd92371

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though call. I hate warm climates, but i MUST see the mane in Elsewyr... (pro tip: Khajiit dont allow ppl that isnt Khajiit to see the mane)

So lets see... Hammerfell is ravaged by war. Skyrim is in the middle of a civil war. High Rock, Cyrodiil, Elsewyr, Valenwood and Summerset... Ehr, i mean, Alinor, will get in war soon. The only places left are either Argonia, or Morrowind. And im not sure in wich of those places i'd get to see my 21 birthday. Morrowind is inhabitable and Argonia isnt exactly friendly with non Argonians (so much for Ulfric "racism" ).

I'd probably stay where i was born and leave it at that.

I think it would be interesting to say the least. I just hope I don't arrive like we do in the initial cut scene.

It would be very intereseting if the knowledge you have of Skyrim was mostly current and similar. Then, I think I would go. The freedom to explore as really see all of it in first person real life.

Sadly... no. If I was an NPC, even if I avoided death by dragon, there are plenty of other Bad Endings, including malnutrition (if not actual starvation), being a casualty of the war itself, and dying of a minor injury that got infected, in addition to illnesses like pneumonia (which still can kill you).

Also, even if I was the Dragonborn and/or the Hero... there's no reload if you screw up in combat IRL, and no way to pause to drink health potions or eat a dozen bowls of soup. One shot death == permanent death. Not to mention that most of the injuries you sustain as a PC could, if not kill you outright, incapacitate you. Oh, and head injuries? Cumulative in effect-- get hit one too many times in the head, even if you're helmeted, and permanent brain damage is the result. (I admit healing potions and/or magic may make that less of an issue-- but again, possibly not accessible to the average citizen.)

Finally, I like having modern hygiene and flushing toilets (I was in the US Army years & years ago-- I'm familiar with outhouses & not having access to running water). I like antibiotics and modern medicine (Did you know: India is winning the war against polio?). I like modern transportation. I like literacy (although that's never seemed to be a thing in ES games, come to think of it). I like modern conveniences like sewing machines, washing machines, stoves, and heaters.

I love the ES games, I love reading about history (fiction and non-fiction both), I love fantasy... but there's no way I'd want to live there.

...that isn't stopping me from playing Skyrim for 10 hour straight sometimes, of course. :dance:

If it's the terrain you want to see I suggest a visit to the cascades or olympic ranges in the northwest. I swear they used them for inspiration. As far as living in the world of skyrim....no that would be a very tough survival challenge. Think I'll just stay next to the woodstove in my easychair and visit skyrim through my pc. :armscrossed: